Ipad

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I am still undecided whether iPad is a useful device or not... However, a device without a USB slot and/or SDHC memory card... is quite frankly a nice piece of rubbish I will have no use for.

Why make a fantastic device like iPad, to ruin it it by not having such connectivity options ?! It's freaking beyond me. Now I know I can dish out money and buy special cables which are making iPad USB/SDHC compatible... but come one this **** cost enough to have this as standard.

I just wait for iPad 5... surely they will come with USB slot by then.

it is very unlikely they will add anything like that as ''it breaches its super tight OS'' which they want 100% control over and barely allow you to do anything

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Which is one very good reason the masses that buy iPads should actually buy a different brand pad that does more for a fraction of the price. But until that day, Apple will continue to offer half a product because they can still sell them regardless :(

mishra

Rising Star
...and that's a shame... work colleague got an iPad last week. It's sleek, nice to use, long battery, kind of ticking all the right boxes, a device you can enjoy on train, sofa or when out and about... but at the same time it just feels like an expensive toy.

Something you are not very sure what to use it for,but you are convincing yourself that once it's yours it will become super handy... maybe that is true maybe not. For me, iPhone can do everything that iPad can + I can make phone calls :) ... for anything else I have my PC. But I am sure that USB or SDHC slot would win me over into buying one ^^

ps. my response was to Wozza posts
ps2. DeadEyeDuk, I think a lot of people are not buying other tablets because they believe iPad is the best one...

Last edited:

Duddy1985

Bronze Level Poster
I bought the ipad 2 last year from the US, only reason i bought it is because i work on the cruise ships in the US, so if i dont want to carry my laptop about i can just throw the ipad in my bag and go out surfing on the AT&T network. I must say i use it a lot when working away but when i come back to the UK for my so called holiday i never use it, since 5th of feb i think i have used it once.

So in my eyes its great if you travel alot, but if your at home then your laptop/iphone etc is good enough, and i have even gone to the point of discouraging friends who are thinking of buying an ipad.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I will never buy an apple product! All of them overpriced why pay more when you gain similar and often better for less?

I admit I use itunes, but I never buy from them, amazon is cheaper.

Rapcar

Bought the new Asus Prime a month ago. It's fantastic. Have several friends who are iPad users and are thinking of changing to Asus. With the docking unit I'm getting 16 hrs. it has a USB, SSD slot and being a quadcore can do far more than the iPad 2. The graphics are amazing. Got mine from the Carphone Warehouse for £450.