iPhone 6

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Haha well apparently it bends in your front pocket as well. Not sure how it will fare with a case though.

I will let you know in a couple of months. So far it has been great, 4g feels faster than my previous phone and the bigger screen makes it easier for me to use kindle.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I will let you know in a couple of months. So far it has been great, 4g feels faster than my previous phone and the bigger screen makes it easier for me to use kindle.

Which did you get again? One of my biggest hates about iPhone was the tiny screen. My 4.5" Lumia 920 is currently too small for my liking. 5.5" on my OnePlus One was basically perfect size for me, I think 5.6/5.7" would be my maximum to use comfortably. The 6" Lumia 1520 is just way too big for a phone, although if they had got it to run full Windows 8.1 but with 4G and phone calls I'd be all over that!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
OnePlus One was the same size then, although I think a more curved back (so more comfortable to hold). Shame that their customer support sucks :'(

However I can get nearly 3 OnePlus One 64GBs for the price of a single 64GB iPhone 6 Plus.

Danielle Power

the price woww !!

I see the iPhone 6 Plus on amazon, is very thin and big screen, according to its design is very nice, but the price woww
o.png

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Looks like the base price is 644. - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-4-7-i...=UTF8&qid=1411586509&sr=8-1&keywords=iphone+6

Cant believe anyone would pay that much for a phone.

That's more expensive than what the Apple Store sells it for. Well regarding people paying for it, if some can afford it why not? 10 years ago I wouldn't have ever imagined spending that much on a phone but now that I can afford it and considering the amount of hours I work a week why not?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
That's more expensive than what the Apple Store sells it for. Well regarding people paying for it, if some can afford it why not? 10 years ago I wouldn't have ever imagined spending that much on a phone but now that I can afford it and considering the amount of hours I work a week why not?

lol, why that much for a phone, when a cheaper phone would do exactly the same thing haha.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
lol, why that much for a phone, when a cheaper phone would do exactly the same thing haha.

Why adding lights on your systems? Why buying a gaming laptop? Why getting a fan controller? Things just happened :) a cheaper phone could do but there are some luxuries (and possibly irrational choices) I can afford.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Why adding lights on your systems? Why buying a gaming laptop? Why getting a fan controller? Things just happened :) a cheaper phone could do but there are some luxuries (and possibly irrational choices) I can afford.

lol, I'm not attacking you for buying an Iphone. I was just saying i think they are completely overpriced and you can buy a considerably cheaper phone that does exactly the same thing.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
lol, I'm not attacking you for buying an Iphone. I was just saying i think they are completely overpriced and you can buy a considerably cheaper phone that does exactly the same thing.

and more ;) *insert long list here*

No but if you can afford it then why not. But it seems these days that half the people who own them can barely afford to put food on the table yet are going out buying expensive phones or contracts.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I genuinely get confused when people say their phone cost X amount.

My Lumia 930 cost me a few quid and a £35/month contract. Do iPhone sheeple (no offence Key!) pay £500 for a phone...and then pay for a contract? I am confused!

Alan16ac

Gold Level Poster

My Lumia 930 cost me a few quid and a £35/month contract. Do iPhone sheeple (no offence Key!) pay £500 for a phone...and then pay for a contract? I am confused!

iPhones may be priced at £500+ to buy, but who buys them outright?!
I've had 4 iPhones, none of which I've paid for, all free on contracts from £35-£46 over the last 6 years. Currently I have unlimited calls, unlimited texts, unlimited Wifi at certain places, and 8GB of Data. I'd spend more with a £29.99 phone on pay as you go.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
I pay £20 a month to pay for my iPhone 5s. JUST my phone. I then also pay £30ish a month for my tariff. Yeah, I'm being ripped off.

I got an iPhone because I slated it without ever actually owning one. So I decided to buy one - and yeah, I still slate it. I'll get something else next time. I do like the build quality of iPhones though - but they're getting a little dull to look at now.

mishra

Rising Star
... you know people do get Rolex watches that cost £10,000 where a cheap Casio quartz will tell more accurate time for £10 instead! If people have money to pay for goods, then why not? It's called an open market - do what you want with your money in the end of the day. Stop being stop obsessed about people getting things they want :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster

I bought the phone and signed up for a 12 month contract of £16 a month. Getting the phone on a contract would have cost me more and tied me up with the network for 24 months.

grimsbymatt

Enthusiast
I bought my 5S outright and have a sim only 30 day contract. I'm not going back to being tied up for 24 months. When I did the calculations, it worked out if you got the latest iphone, you saved about £20 buying on a 24 month contract with Vodafone (compared to buying the phone direct from apple and getting the same sim only deal).

I switched to iphone after all my androids broke after a year or less. I'm hoping it will last rather longer, but I dislike ios.