iPhone 6

ariadne2

Silver Level Poster
Who's getting one?

Yeah, I am a bit of an apple fangirl but I am counting down the days. I tried Android last upgrade and didn't really like it.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
You're both idi...

Each to their ow...

Nah you're definitely idi...

Everyone is entitled to their opin...

Idi...

Something something eye of the behol...

[censored]

:D

keynes

Multiverse Poster
You're both idi...

Each to their ow...

Nah you're definitely idi...

Everyone is entitled to their opin...

Idi...

Something something eye of the behol...

[censored]

:D

Some purchases are not rational, it was an iPhone or a new boiler

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Anyone think the iphone 6 will be a decent upgrade over the 3gs?

I don't plan on upgrading unless it pays you to make phone calls.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Anyone think the iphone 6 will be a decent upgrade over the 3gs?

I don't plan on upgrading unless it pays you to make phone calls.

Didn't they say it's got some smart switch between 2g calls and voip, so if your within wifi it'll automatically start a voip connection and seamlessly transfer you to 2g when you're ou to range. Quite clever if true, that may be worth it. I do like apple pay also, I know everyone's been doing it for years, but I bet this makes it a lot more mainstream.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
54109891237f2.jpg

At the end of the day, its nothing new..

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I did have a OnePlus One but I've just got it refunded and waiting for the Nexus 6 which will be awesome and I'll stick CyanogenMod on that.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
What wow. Did it not live up to your expectations?

No it is the best phone I've ever used, but their customer support sucks. I contacted them just over a month ago for an RMA/Refund for faulty device. Only today was I able to send it off. Can't be dealing with a terrible service like that.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Apple, pfft, rather buy a phone that does exactly the same for a few hundred quid than buy their overpriced junk.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I might be heading to the Metropolis (well, Truro) on Saturday to upgrade my phone. Not at all relevant here because there is not a chance it'll be an i anything :)

However, I have no idea what to get! I do like my Lumia 800, but GODDAMN YOU APP COMMUNITY! :D So not sure to go Lumia or other make...

Can't decide what kind of smart phone to get? #firstworldproblems :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I might be heading to the Metropolis (well, Truro) on Saturday to upgrade my phone. Not at all relevant here because there is not a chance it'll be an i anything :)

However, I have no idea what to get! I do like my Lumia 800, but GODDAMN YOU APP COMMUNITY! :D So not sure to go Lumia or other make...

Can't decide what kind of smart phone to get? #firstworldproblems :)

The Lumias are still pretty good. The 3 flagships are the 930, 1020 (41MP Camera) and 1520 (6" screen). WP8.1 is awesome and the apps are finally getting there. I have a Lumia 920 which I always thought was indestructible until a few days when the screen shattered as it hit the floor :/

Other phones I'd recommend are Motorolas or Nexus phones (buy off contract though).

Not sure exactly which type you are looking at ie. budget, flagship, mid range etc. I can let you know which are good for each

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I am getting an iphone 6 plus, I am used to it and I am apprehensive of change as well as having a large collection of movies and music on iTunes. I haven't tried an android phone yet and some features may be better but I rather stick to what I am comfortable with. Personal preference.

LFFPicard

Godlike
I am getting an iphone 6 plus, I am used to it and I am apprehensive of change as well as having a large collection of movies and music on iTunes. I haven't tried an android phone yet and some features may be better but I rather stick to what I am comfortable with. Personal preference.

Same, as I have invested money in apps, music and videos from iTunes it is more of a case of sticking with Apple as I refuse to pay for everything again on Google Play. I am lucky enough my contract runs out in March after the rush so I can usually pick up the new iPhone model for £29.99. And still get a decent return selling my current (iPhone 5) in the local buy/sell group. I think last time I got the iPhone 5 for £29.99 and reduced my monthly plan by £5 and then sold my iPhone 4 on buy/sell for £160 so it was not all bad for me :)