Is £120 really worth it for OC and future proofing? (new build)

Getliffe

First off hey everyone

I just wonderd if anyone could shed some light on what i'm umming and arring about concering a new build

for £461 i could get a basic i5 2400 build (i have my own graphics card)

but is it worth spending an extra £120 to get an i5 2500k plus all the motherbored/ cooling needs just to be able to overclock a cpu and have a bit of future proofing?

From research there is barley any differance between a 2400 & 2500k unless you plan on overclocking

I do game a lot and would also use it for work (digital 2D artwork and a little 3D)

The money is there (ish), but don't want to needless spend it if not nescersery.

Thanks in advance

Chris

LinearHD

Rising Star
Overclocking is probably the opposite of future proofing (less CPU life)... instead, you should just get the 2500 if you can.

Getliffe

Thanks for the quick reply

I just ment more about the better motherbored being able to handle better cpu's ram etc.. down the line (P8H61 vs p8p67)

i was lead to belive the differeance between a 2400 and non k 2500 was minimal, but was i wrong?

thanks again

Teaz

Godlike
usually a better motherboard does mean its better a points aswel as features but it doesnt usually mean it will handle the cpu, ram etc better to a lower motherboard as it also depends on the motherboards features. The p8h61 and p8p67 motherboards will both provide same performance but the p8p67 will provide more better features.

the i5 2400 and the i5 2500 are both near in performence, wont notice much or barely any difference under normal use.