Is the GTX 650ti the best value for money graphics card?

wowcraftify

Gold Level Poster
Just a random thread, I wanted to know if there are any graphics cards that are better value for money than an Nvidia GTX 650ti?

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Depends on your budget and purposes really... I personally see the GTX 670 as the best value for money as it performs very closely to a 680 for a fraction of the price.

What are you intending to use it for? I assume you mean best value for money for that price range? As in should you go with the 650Ti or a similar AMD card, etc?

Just quickly found these benchmarks... http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+650+Ti

As you can see the 650Ti appears to be pretty poor in performance but apparently has good bang for buck on a price/benchmark score ratio.

Last edited:

Gishank

Bright Spark
To be honest if you want the best value for your money, you're better off going with a 660Ti (depending on manufacturer, they can also be overclocked fairly heavily on stock cooling to be pretty much on par with a 680). Last I checked, the 650 is pretty much on the same level as the GTX 460. Though without your rough budget can't really provide many recommendations.

Maverik

I agree with Gishank, I have a 660Ti FTW Signature 2 running three monitors at Full HD 1920x1080 and it handles it perfectly. I play BF3 on the center monitor (sadly no NVidia Surround atm as I don't have the cash to go SLI right now) at Ultra setting and I always get around 60-68 FPS. This is straight out of the box no overclocking as well They're a fair bit cheaper than 670s as well.... here in NZ anyways :p I would highly recommend them if you want a cheaper but good peformance Graphics Card :)