Is the Nova 15.6" compatible with 3200 MHz memory?

FerrariVie

Super Star
Exact same experience here. Excelent service from Crucial from start to finish. Though personally I'm not the kind of consumer to "stick with" a specific brand - more the opposite, avoid the ones from bad experiences.
Not so sure about it now... 21 days have gone since the RMA was sent back to them, so I decided to send an email to Crucial's support asking about it. They sent me back a tracking number, saying that is was shipped on October 5th. Then I went to UPS website to check the tracking number they gave me, and...... it said that it was delivered to me (with my name as the receiver) on the 6th (last Tuesday)?!?!?!? Wth, how much of a bad luck is that, to now have the package stollen or lost? :cry:

Even though the delivery issue is not Crucial's fault, but they should have sent me some communication about the package being sent, as I could have checked the tracking number and would have noticed a lot earlier that the memory had been lost. The whole RMA process also took 17 days (until the supposed delivery date), which is quite a lot in my opinion.

Steve2

That is taking the mick a bit. And after we gave them so much praise.

I hope at the very least they will send you another, even if it wasn't their fault - probably without further correspondence with the way it's going :p

FerrariVie

Super Star
That is taking the mick a bit. And after we gave them so much praise.

I hope at the very least they will send you another, even if it wasn't their fault - probably without further correspondence with the way it's going :p
No, they said that they're going to open an investigation with UPS, that should take 10 business days. From what I could see, they paid for insurance on the delivery, so unless UPS says that I'm lying and I got the package, they should get the cost of the memory back and send me a new kit, but only after UPS's final response.

So no way I'm going to get it before the end of the month, unless they can find it lost on the van or something. But then there's the risk of damage... noooo :cry:

No, they said that they're going to open an investigation with UPS, that should take 10 business days. From what I could see, they paid for insurance on the delivery, so unless UPS says that I'm lying and I got the package, they should get the cost of the memory back and send me a new kit, but only after UPS's final response.

So no way I'm going to get it before the end of the month, unless they can find it lost on the van or something. But then there's the risk of damage... noooo :cry:
Really interested in this, let us know the results (y)

FerrariVie

Super Star
Really interested in this, let us know the results (y)
Sure, I'm also getting anxious to test the dual-channel and what will happen if it doesn't work. According to Crucial, I had 45 days to ask for a refund in case I was not happy with it, no questions asked. But with the whole RMA and package loss that happened, the 45 days are now gone. But fingers crossed that it will work 🤞

The current step is:
1602876362619.png

Sent this back to Crucial on Wednesday, asking for the new shipping date, but did not hear back from them since (2 working days already).

Thon_Zebra

I know your mentioning Nova here but rather than open a thread so similar, Has anyone tried 3200 mhz memory with the 10th Gen Proteus?

It appears to be the same Quanta NLCB motherboard/chassis used over at clevocenter which is about the only other place I could find anything mentioned about the same laptop with a google search. Which is using a i7-10875H with DDR4 3200 SAMSUNG. Anyone know much more? I did ask PCS and they said the same about using 2666 mhz instead.

FerrariVie

Super Star
I know your mentioning Nova here but rather than open a thread so similar, Has anyone tried 3200 mhz memory with the 10th Gen Proteus?

It appears to be the same Quanta NLCB motherboard/chassis used over at clevocenter which is about the only other place I could find anything mentioned about the same laptop with a google search. Which is using a i7-10875H with DDR4 3200 SAMSUNG. Anyone know much more? I did ask PCS and they said the same about using 2666 mhz instead.
I thought that all the Intel CPUs only supported up to 2933MHz?

Thon_Zebra

I thought that all the Intel CPUs only supported up to 2933MHz?
Yeah, that is what the Intel site does say for i7-10875H.
Just wondering if it will likely work though. Having a higher ram frequency without access to any xmp bios options, which I can't.
like, will it lock to 2666 mhz or take to the 2933 mhz off the bat?
Its a lot of money to try out though, unless someone already has.

FerrariVie

Super Star
Hi guys, I finally have an update on this!

So after 9 weeks of wait between initial order to finally having the memory modules in working condition, I can FINALLY confirm that 3200Mhz CL22 1.2V in dual-channel does indeed work on the Nova straight out of the box, just plug and play :)

1604341808234.png

leebee2110

Bronze Level Poster
@fevieira great news! Happy for you. Do you plan to manually reduce timings?

I have dabbled myself and got to 3200mhz with CL19. Anything tighter than that and it just does not play ball. I know with the same RAM, a Youtuber managed to achieve CL17.

Still, OC'd 3200mhz at CL19 yields better results/benchmarks than the standard 2666mhz at CL18 so I'm happy enough :)

FerrariVie

Super Star
@fevieira great news! Happy for you. Do you plan to manually reduce timings?

I have dabbled myself and got to 3200mhz with CL19. Anything tighter than that and it just does not play ball. I know with the same RAM, a Youtuber managed to achieve CL17.

Still, OC'd 3200mhz at CL19 yields better results/benchmarks than the standard 2666mhz at CL18 so I'm happy enough :)
Great news from your side as well! Yes matte, that is definitely going to be the next step now, I just need to find time for the trial and error timings tuning. Probably by Christmas ;)

FerrariVie

Super Star
Hey, for those of you interested in trying 3200 RAM on the Nova, I got information from another forum that the below modules are very likely to work as well:
  • 8GB DDR4-3200 CL20 (Kingston HyperX HX432S20IB2/8)
  • 16GB DDR4-3200 CL20 (Kingston HyperX HX432S20IB/16)
  • 32GB DDR4-3200 CL20 (Kingston HyperX HX432S20IB/32)
Not tested them myself, but if someone is thinking about buying 3200 memory for the Nova, I would try those. CL20 out of the box with the possibility of tuning them down even more, that would be great. Too bad I didn't have that info earlier :p

FerrariVie

Super Star
Hey guys, just to update you on this. I've been finally messing around with memory tuning on Ryzen Master, and for now I managed to get the RAM overclocked to 3600Mhz at CL20, while at stock they were 3200Mhz at CL22. I managed to gain around 150-200 points on Firestrike on my daily OC/UV profile, but I still believe that there's more tuning to be made in the CL20 itself, as well as lowering the CL a bit more. I just need more time to try new settings, but would be very happy if I could reach CL18 at 3600Mhz.

If anyone managed to get the same Crucial memory and wants some help overclocking it, just let me know and I can share my RAM settings.

Last edited: