Is their any any to get apple os onto windows?

LewisMoore

Bronze Level Poster
Someone who is in my school has managed to get it on to a windows computer, is their a way that's easy? Because he is a batch fanatic D:

mishra

Rising Star
Either through virtualisation (aka. VirtualBox, VMware) or by installing hackintosh (specific hardware is required). It is doable but not particularly "easy". However, in today's world of Google, there are not many complicated things left :)

Also, AFAIK installing macOS on non-apple hardware is illegal so bear that in mind.

LewisMoore

Bronze Level Poster
Either through virtualisation (aka. VirtualBox, VMware) or by installing hackintosh (specific hardware is required). It is doable but not particularly "easy". However, in today's world of Google, there are not many complicated things left :)

Also, AFAIK installing macOS on non-apple hardware is illegal so bear that in mind.

..... Yet it's ok to get windows on apple computers via partitions

ETosh

Would it be better to get the laptop/pc without an operating system in the first place, were you to buy one for the sole purpose of 'hackintoshing'?

mishra

Rising Star
No it wouldn't I had experience with hackintoshes. No matter what others will claim it's still fake and will not work like a proper mac. I know it cost far less, but you are only cheating yourself. Hackintosh is by no means better than Windows, if you want to get an OSX.. just get a real mac in first place.

You can run it off a PC, but it will never be the same and sooner or later you will run into update or hardware issue that will ruin your system and you will have to re-install from scratch. To put it bluntly, as a production environment it's complete fail idea... if you want to do it for fun or just for sake of doing it... well that's another story.

Bleu

www.tonymacx86.com have software and guides but it's tricky. I've tried it and I'd have to agree with Mishra it doesn't feel the same as using an Apple computer.

I am torn between a new PC and new Mac Pro (if and when the new models are released in Europe). With a Mac you can run Windows officially with Boot Camp which is just like running it from a PC.

If you really want a Mac experience save up and buy a Mac mini would be my advice if your on a tight budget. The server Mac Mini has two hard drives so you wouldn't need to partition the drive or use an external to get Windows working.

As for the lack of optical drive I've always replaced the standard Apple drives as they are rubbish. If you get yourself a decent external disc drive then you've got a fully working Mac and Windows machine. :)