Is there a way to check the process of an order made by someone else?

Thryduulf

My new laptop has been ordered for me by someone else (they're paying so it's simpler that way). I have the order number, but there is no obvious way for me to check the status of it as it isn't registered to my user account. I don't have the user account details of who ordered it.

Is this possible to do at all?

Rakk

The Awesome
My new laptop has been ordered for me by someone else (they're paying so it's simpler that way). I have the order number, but there is no obvious way for me to check the status of it as it isn't registered to my user account. I don't have the user account details of who ordered it.

Is this possible to do at all?

I think the only way you would be able to find out would be to ring PCS and ask - the website will not allow to see someone elses order status (which does kind of make sense) - but whether PCS can give you answers about an order that isn't actually yours I do not know - they may not be allowed to under DPA laws.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
If the person is close enough to you to pay for it then surely they wouldn't mind giving you the account details so that you can check yourself? Or are they worried you'll buy more stuff using their details? :D