Is this gpu fully seated?

DamianM

I am just packing my pc up for the rma collection and noticed this as I was about to put the packing foam inside.

Could someone possibly .let me know if the gpu is fully seated or not?

20220401_183505.jpg

DamianM

It doesn't look 'fully' seated, and normally that little black clip would be flat (in it's locked position).
Thanks for the reply 👍

I just thought it was odd being able to see some of the gold contacts.

Next question, should I try and push it in or add to the list for pcs to sort out when they get it back next week?

DamianM

I
I'd push it in, so that the lock...locks! You want to make it as secure as possible for shipping.
Have pushed it in but it didn't seem to click into place. The card seems to be pressing up against the case shrould at the front.

I had to push the little black clip over by hand to secure it, is that the way its is? Its not spring loaded or anything ?

Sorry for all the questions

20220401_183445.jpg

20220401_191155.jpg

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Must admit I wouldn't be too happy about how that's rubbing on the case. It maybe looks worse than it is.

I would say you have done the best you can, but maybe make PCS aware of it when the system goes back for the RMA. Last thing you want is another RMA because you receive the card loose/damaged.

DamianM

Must admit I wouldn't be too happy about how that's rubbing on the case. It maybe looks worse than it is.

I would say you have done the best you can, but maybe make PCS aware of it when the system goes back for the RMA. Last thing you want is another RMA because you receive the card loose/damaged.
Thank you for your reply.

I have added to the list for them to look at when they receive it.

Dpd picked it up yesterday about 4pm even though it was booked 8-1pm. But at least its on it's way back to them.

Last edited: