Is This Ram Compatible With My Laptop?

Iroquois Pliskin

Enthusiast
There shouldn't be a difference between Kingston & Samsung you see in the configurator, except for the former having a physical heat spreader on each module.

And the one you've linked looks compatible - it's a SODIMM, nice timings too.

Last edited:

NvidiaX

So I will see no performance increase using either three of the RAM options?So I will see no performance increase using either three of the RAM options?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
for a laptop, I'd go for the standard 1333mhz Samsung ram. Even on a desktop you don't see much benefit with faster ram, unless you overclock the cpu.

So samsung 1333mhz ram would be fine in my opinion.

Iroquois Pliskin

Enthusiast
So I will see no performance increase using either three of the RAM options?So I will see no performance increase using either three of the RAM options?

Between different brand 1600 MHz ram? The difference is negligible, tenths of a percent probably, while 1333 vs 1600 vs 1866 do vary in benchmarks by a few percent, though you won't be seeing any FPS gains in games.

NvidiaX

for a laptop, I'd go for the standard 1333mhz Samsung ram. Even on a desktop you don't see much benefit with faster ram, unless you overclock the cpu.

So samsung 1333mhz ram would be fine in my opinion.

What do you mean by 1333mhz it's advertised as 1600mhz? and thanks for the help.

Iroquois Pliskin

Enthusiast
What do you mean by 1333mhz it's advertised as 1600mhz? and thanks for the help.

He means to downgrade to 1333 MHz instead of 1600 RAM. The 1333 MHz frequency used to be standard two-three years ago, nowadays it's 1600 being most optimum with current generation processor memory controllers.