Issues powering down and going into sleep

Entity

If I leave my PC idle for too long and it goes into "sleep" except the fans keep going at full speed and the lights in my pc stay on, also it only turns back on by me pressing the restart button next to my power button rather than any other stimuli such as moving or clicking my mouse and keyboard. This is also the main issue for when im trying to shut down the PC. My monitors turn off and don't detect any input but the fans and lights keep going.
This ended with me completely switching off the PC with the switch at the back. This lead to some issues booting up but i managed to fix that by adjusting the boot sequence in what i believe was the BIOS menu (i've been going off google for awhile but i really dont know what to do anymore haha).
Anyway now the boot up issue is fixed but im still having trouble with the shutting down and putting the PC to sleep. I've already tried reseting my whole PC through Windows but the issue remains so im worried its more on the hardware side.
Thanks guys, sorry if this doesnt make much sense but any help would be much appreciated.

Heres my build for reference :
Case CORSAIR SPEC-DELTA RGB MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.4GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardGigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE: DDR4, USB 3.1 - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB ADATA SX6000 Pro PCIe M.2 2280 (2100 MB/R, 1500 MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 550W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingSTANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired NetworkingWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemNO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaNO RECOVERY MEDIA REQUIRED
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusNO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
BrowserGoogle Chrome™
Warranty3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It seems clear that Windows is neither fully sleeping nor fully shutting down. Either that or your motherboard isn't reacting to the Windows sleep/shutdown signals.

The first thing you need to do is backup ALL your user data because reinstalling Windows will erase the system drive.

The next thing to do is ensure that Windows is installed properly. I see that you've already done a 'reset' via Windows but that's not good enough because it uses the same installation files. You need to get a new copy of Windows by downloading the Media Creation Tool and using that to create a bootable USB stick (8GB min) containing the Windows installation files. Boot that USB stick, choose a custom install, delete all partitions on your system drive so that it all shows as 'unallocated space'. Select that unallocated space and click the Next button. The installer will create the correct partition structure and install Windows. Once Windows is installed run Windows Update repeatedly until no more updates are found. This will install all the necessary drivers.

If you still have sleep/shutdown problems after that then the problem is with your motherboard, I rather suspect a clean install will solve your problems though. :)

Entity

Hello again, thanks for your help before, it seemed to work for pretty much exactly a month but now the same thing is happening again. PC just won't shut down. Basically everything turns off but the fans go max speed (the case is close to COLD to the touch) and the lights stay on. I haven't changed anything and the same problem has come seemingly out of the blue. I can't even think of any programs or games I installed that I also had last time, it just stopped shutting down properly over night. Would greatly appreciate any help, thanks.