Issues with tearing

nhornby51743

Gold Level Poster
Hi,

I've recently bough a PC from, here and have been having issues with screen tearing during gaming. I've tried close to a dozen games such as Crysis 1&3, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed IV, Wolfenstein, Far Cry 3, Dead Rising 3, & Tomb Raider. It seems to worse in some games eg AC4.

I've changed settings in both the Nvidia contrpl panel and in game. I'm running a GTX 770 so it's a relatively decent card and the monitor I'm using is a AOC I2369VM. Would this be an issue with the monitor perhaps, the settings or the card it self?

Many thanks, Nick

nhornby51743

Gold Level Poster
I've tried GeForce Experience, Nvidia control panel & even going through the settings manually on each game. Looked all over the net and not been able to get a solution :s

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,

I've recently bough a PC from, here and have been having issues with screen tearing during gaming. I've tried close to a dozen games such as Crysis 1&3, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed IV, Wolfenstein, Far Cry 3, Dead Rising 3, & Tomb Raider. It seems to worse in some games eg AC4.

I've changed settings in both the Nvidia contrpl panel and in game. I'm running a GTX 770 so it's a relatively decent card and the monitor I'm using is a AOC I2369VM. Would this be an issue with the monitor perhaps, the settings or the card it self?

Many thanks, Nick

What cable are you using and what res are you running at?

nhornby51743

Gold Level Poster
I've looked at this before but it's mainly in relation to colour reproduction, which I don't have. I really hope it's not my monitor as it will be a hassle on getting it sorted :(

AAHALL

Enthusiast
have you tried using the display port cable not the HDMI as this would probably rule out the monitor

AAHALL

Enthusiast
i thought that afterwards, it may be to much of a sweeping statement. It was going on what the review said that to get around the driver problem you should use the display port not the HDMI, so in conclusion i was wrong in making that statement and it means you probably have a driver problem with the HDMI cable thats if the display port cable does not produce any tearing, sorry.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It'd be worth running furmark for a 15 minute run minimum, see how it copes. If it reboots then you know you've got issues with the card.

nhornby51743

Gold Level Poster
Ran it twice, got 4313 as my score. Max temp was 83c and 47 was average frames. Seems pretty decent and there was no crashes

nhornby51743

Gold Level Poster
I've changed Adaptive V-Sync to Adaptive V-Sync(Half refresh rate and that has greatly reduced the tear) does this sound like a monitor issue then?