It's a bit warm here today...

Bigfoot

Grand Master
11 degrees here in Aberdeenshire, although it was mid 20s earlier in the week. If you want real heat and humidity, try the UAE. I have been outside in 50+ degrees and I don’t recommend it. One time I arrived, it was 42 degrees at 0130 and very humid. Houston, Texas also gets very hot and humid, so much that streams of water run down the outside of air conditioned buildings.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
11 degrees here in Aberdeenshire, although it was mid 20s earlier in the week. If you want real heat and humidity, try the UAE. I have been outside in 50+ degrees and I don’t recommend it. One time I arrived, it was 42 degrees at 0130 and very humid. Houston, Texas also gets very hot and humid, so much that streams of water run down the outside of air conditioned buildings.
I went on a golfing holiday to Morocco a few years ago, amazing golf course, took about 5 hours to get round. We went during Ramadan so it was really quiet.

It was 45c most days and the people that were in the hotel were all holed up in their rooms with AC. Me and my mate were out every day playing 18 holes on a deserted competition level course and absolutely loving it. Then we’d retreat back to the pool for the rest of the day.

Im backwards though, I tend to sweat profusely when it’s cold, then the hotter it gets, the more comfortable I become.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I have to say that I'm incrediubly impressed with the cooling on my PCS PC. The CPU has a Noctua air cooler and the CoolerMaster case a large input fan and a smaller output fan and that's all. It sits in a cupboard too - though I have drilled several large ventilation holes in the door and the rear (yes, I did that neatly, it looks ok really). It is regularly cleaned inside (at a minimum I do it every 6 months but usually three or sometimes more times a year) but these are my near idle CPU temps....

Temps.jpg

What I find amazing is that the temperature in the room it's in is 31C at the moment (it's 37.3C outside already at the moment (10:30am) but we have the doors and windows open to catch the breeze, the aircon will go on later) and the temperature difference between the CPU cores and the outside air is tiny. I think that's a testament to the efficiency of the Noctua air cooler but also to the need to clean a PC regularly!

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have to say that I'm incrediubly impressed with the cooling on my PCS PC. The CPU has a Noctua air cooler and the CoolerMaster case a large input fan and a smaller output fan and that's all. It sits in a cupboard too - though I have drilled several large ventilation holes in the door and the rear (yes, I did that nearly, it looks ok really). It is regularly cleaned inside (at a minimum I do it every 6 months but usually three or sometimes more times a year) but these are my near idle CPU temps....

View attachment 27352

What I find amazing is that the temperature in the room it's in is 31C at the moment (it's 37.3C outside already at the moment (10:30am) but we have the doors and windows open to catch the breeze, the aircon will go on later) and the temperature difference between the CPU cores and the outside air is tiny. I think that's a testament to the efficiency of the Noctua air cooler but also to the need to clean a PC regularly!
Noctuas are amazing, definitely the best of the best air coolers.

CMP01

Enthusiast
I have to say that I'm incrediubly impressed with the cooling on my PCS PC. The CPU has a Noctua air cooler and the CoolerMaster case a large input fan and a smaller output fan and that's all. It sits in a cupboard too - though I have drilled several large ventilation holes in the door and the rear (yes, I did that neatly, it looks ok really). It is regularly cleaned inside (at a minimum I do it every 6 months but usually three or sometimes more times a year) but these are my near idle CPU temps....

View attachment 27352

Not bad, certainly for how you describe Crete. I had idles in the teens with my 6700K @4.5GHz all cores via Asus BIOS OC software, a few years ago. This was in SE England though, with an AiO (H100i) with an extra 4 case fans (3 front intake, 1 rear exhaust, and those and AiO on quiet mode) in a 460X RGB case. Add maybe 5C for the worst of summer and once I got ppl on TH to believe I wasn't lying I was told I had won the silicon lottery. That setup and the 1070 I had then never exceeded 65C for any game either, only going over by 5-10C for benchmarks and stress tests.

Against that, my 5800X idles both higher and has a wider range for that (while the 6700K pretty much stuck to a 5C range) not including spikes, it's 40-50C, while the 6800XT idles even higher, anywhere in the 50's. On the other hand, both have less of a climb to where they stick under load, only 20C max for either on average (though the demo for Warhammer 40K Battlesector seriously tested the GPU, even on lowest settings... the hotspot hit 104C where nothing else has exceeded 80-90 yet, I'm guessing an optimisation issue)
That's all with a similar cooling setup (AiO, 3in/3out, balanced mode) but the much more open 4000D Airflow case. I do mean to tweak fan curves aso more but tbh if it ain't broke...

Finally, thanks for the big info on Crete. My mum's always looking for nice places to holiday, that have good weather, food, folks etc but aren't too far or different from home. I've tended to have to go with her in the past as the family have pets and poultry that need looking after so either dad stays back or I house sit for them (while my brother, still living at home, won't help with anything) and all of us have some ailment(s) or other that preclude anything or anywhere too off the beaten track. Crete goes on the same list then as Majorca and Malta.