It's arrived.... kinda...

stebro297

Bronze Level Poster
So my pc has finally arrived at my mums house.

Big thanks to PCS for getting it all done. It would have been a bit quicker but there were problems with a delivery of wrong fans for the coolit units. DPD did a great job, on time and the guy was apparently lovely.

So "show us your pc" you all say!

Sadly, i have to wait a bit longer. I live in the Czech Republic and PCS wouldn't ship directly so having to go via my mum. Hopefully she should be sorting it out tomorrow meaning Friday/Monday delivery... WOO HOOOOOOOO. I honestly feel like a little kid at xmas.

Pictures to come when i get it :yes:

The spec was:-

Case
COOLERMASTER CM STORM TROOPER - GAMING ENTHUSIAST CASE
Overclocked CPU
Overclocked Intel® Six Core i7-3930K (3.2GHz @ max 4.6GHz)
Motherboard
ASUS® P9X79 PRO: INTEL® SOCKET LG2011
Memory (RAM)
16GB KINGSTON HYPERX GENESIS QUAD-DDR3 2133MHz X.M.P(4 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
3TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 64MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
12x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W PRO SERIES™ HX750-80 PLUS® GOLD MODULAR (£119)
Processor Cooling
COOLIT ECO II C240 DUAL RAD LIQUID CPU COOLER (Special Offer) (£69)
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI-E CARD (£16)
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Keyboard & Mouse
LOGITECH® G110 GAMING KEYBOARD WITH BACKLIGHTING (£69)
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
PCS EXTRA-CARE DIAMOND DELIVERY - MON-FRI, PRE-NOON (£9)
Build Time

stebro297

Bronze Level Poster
Congratz buddy! :D Gutted about the extra wait though!

What was the total build time length?

Cheers, all in all it took 20 working days, although it was held up for about 8/9 work days by the fan problem

Here's a breakdown of the process.

Processed Date 28-09-2012
Pre-Production Date 02-10-2012
Build Date 23-10-2012
Test Date 24-10-2012
QC Date 26-10-2012
Awaiting Dispatch Date 27-10-2012
Dispatch Date 27-10-2012

I can't wait to get hold of this thing :yes:

TANNY

sounds good i have also ordered a similar spec to yours hows it running ??????

Last edited:

stebro297

Bronze Level Poster
So i have received my PC at long last hooray. :))))

The wait has DEFINITELY been worth the wait. The spec is detailed above for anybody interested.

Build time & Delivery

Where do i start? Well the order process went ok, but there were problems with a delivery of wrong fans for the coolit units which resulted in an extra 2 weeks on the build as detailed above, (not PCS' fault). The i had to wait another 5 days whilst my PC was sent from my mums address in the UK to mine in Prague, Czech Republic. Again, hats off to DPD who did a fantastic job on behalf on PCS. FedEx also deserve a mention for their work from the UK to the Czech Republic. Anyway, i'm going over stuff i've already said.

So yesterday i got home, opened the from door, walked in to be greeted by THE box, a nice HUUUUGE box.

I have to say i am REALLY impressed with the packaging PCS have put together. The way it protects the pc itself, along with the welcome pack, the different compartments for the disks, extra parts etc. It's VERY nicely put together and definitely WAY better than anything i've ever experienced with a PC before. It instantly makes you think "this company are serious about what they do".

So what followed next didn't really go quite to plan.

The big switch on

After 2 courier trips I have to admit i was slightly nervous about pressing the power button and nothing happening. I shouldn't have worried, it switched on first time. I didn't have my monitor with me at the time as it was just a quick test.

After being all plugged in I turn it back on, I get the windows logo and then an error message stating there was some problem and a reboot was needed. I rebooted and the same problem appeared, somethng to do with windows cannot start properly etc. I put in the Windows 7 disk and attempted a repair but it found nothing and rebooted. The same error message. I tried safe mode but it wouldn't allow me to as it was the first boot and the user setup part hadn't been completed.

After seeing if there were any system restore points (there weren't) i decided that it was probably best just to do a new install of Windows 7, added the motherboard drivers, graphics card drivers, wifi etc and voila, a very nice , very fast PC.

I don't want to dwell on this as per probably the majority of people on this site, reinstalling windows isn't really a problem.

The case:: OMFG.. i LOVE this case. The CM Storm Trooper case stands tall, oooozes absolute quality. I have NEVER loved a pc case the way i do this one :)

The CPU: : Well , here comes my only disappointment. I wanted to "crank things" up and see how noisy and how hot this thing would get under full pressure so i installed Prime 95 and started the test. Wow , it was so quiet, even with the fans apparently on full. Could it REALLY be so quiet overclocked to "max of 4.6Ghz". According to CPUID and Asus AI it was only at 3.8Ghz (turbo mode). I went into the bios and there wasn't an overclock profile set up at all. Since ordering the PC i have had second thoughts about the need for overclocking and realised i probably don't need it.

However, this was ordered as an overclocked pc and i expected it to be so, a bit disappointing to be honest. :( Asus AI gave me a stable OC of 4.6ghz so not a massive problem if i ever decide to use it. I have the overclock settings from PCS, but it's not really the same as having someone set it up properly , make sure it's stable and test it properly.

Anyway, moving on from the only negative.

Cooling: CPU temps were about 32/4c with no load, going up to about 45/8c with normal cpu settings. With the CPU overclock to 4.6ghz things hit 85/85c. All seems good to me ;)

Graphics: Can't comment yet as got to get some games on there today :)

Build Quality: I really couldn't have asked for more in this respect, the cables are amazingly neat and tidy, FAR better than i could ever have done myself. A big thanks to Mr Ghosh for this. The way the whole build has been put together is absolutely superb!! It looks like a PC put together with much love lol.

Overall: I am REALLY happy, it's everything i imagined it would be and more to be honest. I have to admit that I didn't know of PCS before i asked a mate for a recommendation on where to get a PC from. I'm really glad that I did and PCS have pretty much lived up to the high praise reputation they receive on here. The quality of the build, the packaging etc, a lot of companies could learn a lot from you guys. The only downside being the "missing" pre-overclock. I'll still going to recommend you to everyone i know :), i will defintely use you again (even though you can't unfortunately deliver directly to me) .

Pictures to follow soon.

Happy PCS customer :)

Last edited:

TANNY

im still waiting for mine but lie post a review as soon as i receive it hopefully it all goes as well as yours happy days...