It's Finally Here!

HMFC_Riley

Enthusiast
63832_10150256092155103_706755102_14969655_641291_n.jpg

58467_10150256091905103_706755102_14969649_5634903_n.jpg

59070_10150256091705103_706755102_14969647_942985_n.jpg

Got an Overclocking Failed message and the remnants of the trial version of Windows where still on it (but wouldn't boot up) so reinstalled Windows and everything seems fine ;) Runs like an absolute dream! Such a huge difference.... Shuts down and restarts faster than my old PC can log off Windows!

Now for some Folding!

Edit: Also when I took the side off I noticed the power cable for the fan wasn't plugged in.... Was it meant to be? I did have a small look around but couldn't see any power connections for it to go into on the Motherboard (albeit it was a quick glance and not something I'm overly concerned about at the minute)

Last edited:

Sleinous

Author Level
u have same case as me, so do u mean side fan? It will go in any of the fan power headers on ur mobo, is that the rampage? If so ill take a pic tomoz of where u need to plug it in, black wire facing down, will save u time

edit: ye thats the rampage, wait tomoz and ill show u where it goes.

HMFC_Riley

Enthusiast
u have same case as me, so do u mean side fan? It will go in any of the fan power headers on ur mobo, is that the rampage? If so ill take a pic tomoz of where u need to plug it in, black wire facing down, will save u time

edit: ye thats the rampage, wait tomoz and ill show u where it goes.

Yeah the fan on the side of the case. I couldn't see any spare headers but like I said I didn't have a great look as it didn't seem like it was plugged in when I opened it up.

HMFC_Riley

Enthusiast
Haha, and some Gaming, yes :)

IMG_0026.jpg

Hey,

Glad all the Pope traffic didn't delay the delivery of your new PC :)

Get some gaming done first!!!

Haha yeah I'll be getting some gaming done tonight. I can finally play through the Starcraft 2 campaign (I was only playing through the Multiplayer before as I wanted to experience it on max settings ;) )

Still need to get Linux installed but I'll probably wait till Sunday to do that.

Thanks for the pic Sleinous, I didn't even look at the top half of the board (for some reason I had it in my mind it wouldn't stretch that far) will connect it up after Uni.

HMFC_Riley

Enthusiast
Fan wouldn't reach that one Sleinous but I got it into another one fine. Temp at load is now about 6 degrees less :cool:

Sleinous

Author Level
Weird, it should always fit :p Your cable should be same length as mine surely? Unless its wrapped around that little dent next to teh fan too and the dent point away or something that could make you lose a few cm of cable. Theyre all fine anyway, if it works then it should be fine, I just checked my manual to find out which side the black wire had to go for each header fan power.

HMFC_Riley

Enthusiast
Weird, it should always fit :p Your cable should be same length as mine surely? Unless its wrapped around that little dent next to teh fan too and the dent point away or something that could make you lose a few cm of cable. Theyre all fine anyway, if it works then it should be fine, I just checked my manual to find out which side the black wire had to go for each header fan power.

They can only go in one way due to the black parts on the motherboard ;) But you do have the 932, I've got the HAF-X.

Sleinous

Author Level
ah, yes, maybe it has a slightly shorter wire, all teh more reason to go with the 932! haha :p This is true actually, just tried it, clearly i'm just being dumb lol.