...it's hard to resist

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
Hi all,

New here, I ordered for the first time few weeks ago, and waiting the delivery in Ireland now. But Fedex is playing with me I think, have a look on the tracking (4 times France-UK...)
Tuesday, May 11, 2021
4:03 PMSTANSTED GBIn transit
4:49 AMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRDeparted FedEx location
1:46 AMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRIn transit
Monday, May 10, 2021
7:47 PMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRIn transit
5:42 PMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRIn transit
Sunday, May 9, 2021
12:56 AMSTANSTED GBIn transit
12:56 AMSTANSTED GBAt local FedEx facility
Saturday, May 8, 2021
11:00 PMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRAt local FedEx facility
Friday, May 7, 2021
10:44 PMSTANSTED GBIn transit
10:43 PMSTANSTED GBAt local FedEx facility
11:23 PMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRAt local FedEx facility
4:13 PMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRArrived at FedEx location
11:20 AMSTANSTED GBIn transit
10:22 AMSTANSTED GBIn transit
Thursday, May 6, 2021
8:22 AMSTANSTED GBDelivery exceptionPackage at station, arrived after courier dispatch
8:22 AMBISHOPS STORTFORD GBLeft FedEx origin facility
Wednesday, May 5, 2021
11:52 PMLEEDS GBLeft FedEx origin facility
5:49 PMRIDGMONT GBPicked up
3:05 AMShipment information sent to FedEx

PS : sorry if I made some mistakes, english is not my native language.

Best regards all, and stay safe !
Probably I was the lucky one. My PC didn't take a trip to France. Looking at trends if it's shipped mid-week it takes a trip to France.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Probably I was the lucky one. My PC didn't take a trip to France. Looking at trends if it's shipped mid-week it takes a trip to France.
I understand it's to give them a short holiday before they spend the rest of their lives shoving electrons around at great speed. 😎

Schmoo2k

Bronze Level Poster
I dug a bit deeper into this and worked out why it happens! It turns out the FedEx aircraft N110FE tends to do a DUB->STN->CDG->STN->DUB routing (with some trips to Madrid and Italy), so sending it to France for clearance will have actually sped up its delivery by not needing it in Dublin (as it still ends up on the same physical plane when it arrives in Dublin, but pre cleared...), you can see its recent flight plan here: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n110fe

Citrus_9

Expert
I dug a bit deeper into this and worked out why it happens! It turns out the FedEx aircraft N110FE tends to do a DUB->STN->CDG->STN->DUB routing (with some trips to Madrid and Italy), so sending it to France for clearance will have actually sped up its delivery by not needing it in Dublin (as it still ends up on the same physical plane when it arrives in Dublin, but pre cleared...), you can see its recent flight plan here: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n110fe
This is interesting! I have returned my GPU and getting a new one with Fedex. This time it's coming straight from Leeds and now currently in Dublin Fedex facility (after the customs clearance). It means that sometimes there is a plan B for their routing to Ireland.