It's here!

PC Fanatic

Silver Level Poster
My new PC got here yesterday, and it is amazing.

The courier could barely lift the thing off the ground and it took considerable effort (and a crippled back) to heft the enormous box upstairs. With the help of a knife, the robust packaging yielded to permit access to my new gaming machine.

It performs fantastically, easily running DA;O and FO3 on max settings without even brekaing a sweat. The Witcher 2 proves a mroe challenging obstacle, but I am still getting excellent performance on high (not ultra). Loading times are almost non-existant, and programs are quick to open and close.

The monitor displays everything in clear, focused 1080p HD (a large improvement on my 5yr old laptop), and is great for showing off the stunning visuals of the Witcher 2.

The Logitech G9x is also an excellent mouse, responsive and quick. Although I'd hoped for black shells instead of grey, this is not a major issue.

The case looks great, and is very quiet in all but the most demanding situations.

PCS were very accommodating also when I requested to change my delivery method, and it was done within 30 minutes of e-mailing the request.

Here is the spec:

Case
COOLERMASTER CM STORM ENFORCER
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5-2500 Quad Core (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard
ASUS® P8P67 PRO (NEW REV 3.0): USB 3.0/SATA 6Gb/s, CrossFireX™ & SLI
Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card
1.25GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 570 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - DX® 11, 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD2002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 1000W PRO SERIES (HX1000) 80+ MODULAR PSU (£170)
Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£19)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Monitor
IIYAMA E2271HDS 22" LED WIDESCREEN, HDMI/DVI-D HD 1920x1080 (£139)
Mouse
LOGITECH® G9X LASER GAMING MOUSE (£64)
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
SATURDAY DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (BEFORE 12 NOON) (£19)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 11 to 13 working days
Miscellaneous
FREE Need For Speed™ World Starter Pack with any Nvidia® GTS450 or above!
Quantity

Processed Date

06-05-2011

Pre-Production Date

10-05-2011

Build Date

20-05-2011

Test Date

23-05-2011

QC Date

23-05-2011

Awaiting Dispatch Date

24-05-2011

Built By

James Nisbet

Tested By

Garnet Heller

QC'd By

Craig Whiteley

Packed By

Anthony Cunliffe

10/10 in all respects for PCS.

Pics may follow if a USB cable for the camera can be found.

Also, one question. The CM Storm Enforcer's front fan should light up red, but it isn't. As far as I can tell the fan is working but is not lit. Am I missing a switch? Or is it something else?

Thanks

Last edited:

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
*Cough*changecaseinspecshown*cough*

Glad you got it all sorted.

Hopefully the below is right and its the same set up as yours...

ziknsg.jpg

DED

Theunderdog

Silver Level Poster
Piccy's please. I've been dying to see the Storm Enforcer case in action (the case i'm getting with mine.)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
My source lies then!

*goes away, head in hands and looks for more reliable source than the Internet*

Meds

Morning,

As far as I'm aware there is no on/off switch for the front LED, it should just be on permanently. If there is no light, I don't think the fan will be spinning. I'd just check that the cable from the fan is securely connected to the Motherboard. If you're not sure on how to do this then I'd give Tech Support a call on 0844 499 4000.

PC Fanatic

Silver Level Poster
Morning,

As far as I'm aware there is no on/off switch for the front LED, it should just be on permanently. If there is no light, I don't think the fan will be spinning. I'd just check that the cable from the fan is securely connected to the Motherboard. If you're not sure on how to do this then I'd give Tech Support a call on 0844 499 4000.

There seems to be a set of cables coming from the fan which are not connected to anything. I think they were red, black and yellow/white. Could this what needs to be connected to enable the fan?

Thanks.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Cut the red wire...no the black...no the yellow...the red....arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................

PC Fanatic

Silver Level Poster
Just called Tech Support. Poor guy on the phone tried his best but I had no idea what he was talking about. Very polite and helpful though, asked me to e-mail photos of the inside to PCS. I'm sure I am missing something simple.

The unconnected cable looks like this:

106074113.jpg

PC Fanatic

Silver Level Poster
Yes! I have fixed the problem. I had to use one of the spare cables for the PSU in order to connect the fan. I had assumed that the cable would have been there already, but everything is up and running now.