itunes /facepalm

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Anybody know how to remedy an itunes install instaloop? 3rd attempt at install and it loops. This is on my old athlon XP computer which used to have itunes 10.3

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Hah! That's funny. This computer is too decrepid for me to get round to making a restore disk. Got it working now.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
try using some of them speedup programs, it may help, http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Free/3000-2086_4-10407614.html?tag=rb_content;main that is the best one, would download CCleaner and Auslogics Disk Defrag as well, the optimize tool on the defrag works really well, when i first did it on my old laptop got probably a 10% speed increase with access times
try gamebooster as well, that will stop unnecessary programs from running freeing up CPU power and RAM

UndeadJack

Master Poster
try using some of them speedup programs, it may help, http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Free/3000-2086_4-10407614.html?tag=rb_content;main that is the best one, would download CCleaner and Auslogics Disk Defrag as well, the optimize tool on the defrag works really well, when i first did it on my old laptop got probably a 10% speed increase with access times
try gamebooster as well, that will stop unnecessary programs from running freeing up CPU power and RAM

I always use gamebooster. I need to use it or my computer is as frozen as Antarctica in the winter. I am currently relying on this pile of crap until my computer comes as my laptop died recently. And the iTunes install failed again....

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
well use some of those programs and clear out some of the trashy programs you might have aas well as unwanted files, all helps speeding it up

i thought my laptop was bad lol, what is the processor speeds/RAM

UndeadJack

Master Poster
I actually have deleted everything that I don't want. I have defragged countless times to no avail, I have cleaned the registry, uninstalled so many games, deleted 80GB of music (well moved onto my external hdd). It is a super old CPU so it really I am guessing is its indication.

1.5Ghz Uno-core (FTW!) & 512MB RAM DDR2. I am not a computer noob I am just seeing what others suggest as I want to throw it into the pits of computer hell (the skip)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
why dont you, open it up, clean out the fans, then overclock it a bit? it may be able to cope at 2GHz or something im not sure, would be good to get some experience as well, although you may be without a computer for a while...

UndeadJack

Master Poster
why dont you, open it up, clean out the fans, then overclock it a bit? it may be able to cope at 2GHz or something im not sure, would be good to get some experience as well, although you may be without a computer for a while...

I'm guessing my comp will be here friday-ish. It has been in QC for 30Hours. Also, I cleaned it up last week and it didn't improve. IT IS DEAD MAN