Ivy Bridge Benchmark results?

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
I found these that claim to be ivy bridge benchmark results that seemed to have leaked on to the web. Can't be certain about their source and validity though but they are what we were expecting. Have a look, link at bottom to website.

The official Ivy Bridge test result, Intel‘s processors that planned to be launched before mid-year 2012 exposed in internet. Want to know the performance of this Sandy Bridge successor candidates?

Intel Ivy Bridge - leaked to the cyberspace
According to news sources, the test results they got was Intel’s own internal testing results shared with Intel partners (usually an Intel chipset based motherboard manufacturers). So, this is not an independent lab test results. However, if the document received is true source, usually an independent lab test results will not be much different.

Core i7 vs. Core i7-3770-2600

Results that exposed in the virtual world is a comparison between the Core i7-3770 (ivy bridge) with the Core i7-2600 (sandy bridge). Both have similar specs: 4 cores with HyperThread, 3.4 GHz, 8MB cache. If Intel’s promises fulfilled, the new processor should can be used on older motherboards with LGA1155 socket.

Based on those documents, the Core i7-3770 is superior to the Core i7-2600 with the difference in performance for:

+7% For the overall Sysmark 2012 score.

+14% For the overall HDXPRT 2011 score.

+15% For Cinebench 11.5 score.

+13% For the test results ProShow Gold 4.5.

+25% Faster with Excel 2010.

+56% Faster with ArcSoft Media Expresso.

+192% For the overall 3DMark Vantage score.

+17% For the 3DMark Vantage CPU benchmark.

+199% For 3DMark Vantage GPU benchmark.

Intel Ivy Bridge - 22nm fabrication method
From these results, we can conclude that Ivy Bridge CPU performance standards ranging from 7% -17% faster than Sandy Bridge. While the integrated VGA performance ranges 199% (3x) much faster than Sandy Bridge.

The document also revealed that the AVX at Ivy bridge had been upgraded. While Ivy bridge VGA (Intel HD4000) already using the DirectX 11 and OpenCL. Ivy bridge that was built with 22 nm process is scheduled to have a PCIe 3.0 x16 and PCIe 2.0 x4.

With the increased VGA performance can reach up to 3X as much, this means that the VGA Sandy Bridge is approaching (or even match) the performance of AMD’s Llano VGA that available now. Given the architecture of Intel’s having no problems with the VGA memory bandwidth, this can make it compete with AMD’s integrated VGA performance is still very dependent on memory settings, and motherboards.

Processor performance is increasing in the range of 20% makes Ivy bridge once again offer a significant performance leap compared to its predecessor. So, if you have a target to buy a PC in early 2012, think again carefully. Because, the PC will be quickly left behind technologically.

If Intel implement the same strategy with Sandy Bridge, there is the possibility of VGA performance that appear in this document are the same as performance-based notebook VGA at Ivy bridge. This means the need for additional VGA in the notebook will be reduced drastically. Just remember, Sandy Bridge VGA was able to play Star Carft II, despite the low setting. With this improved performance, more and more 3D games should be played with Intel ‘onboard’ VGA.

Once again we remind you, our assumption is based on the score that was allegedly leaked from documents created by Intel. The extent to which the truth and accuracy, remains to be seen when in fact the product is launched later.

Here is the link: http://newgadgetstop.com/1337/intel-ivy-bridge-benchmark-results-leaks-to-internet/