January 2022 releases

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
wwe 2k 22 is set to be released in 2022, the prices though are something else

standard - 49.99
deluxe - 84.99
special NWO edition - 104.99 :ROFLMAO:
It's naughty that they don't state what each version gives.

Saving grace though that at least they have a standard package at £50, that I can get behind. I just really hope people aren't gonna follow Square Enix's attempts with FF7, that's truly a step too far.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam

Saving grace though that at least they have a standard package at £50, that I can get behind. I just really hope people aren't gonna follow Square Enix's attempts with FF7, that's truly a step too far.
Considering 2K's NBA series were one of the first to start pushing for those higher price points, it's only a matter of time before their WWE series goes the same way.

As someone who follows wrestling pretty closely, I'm well aware that WWE have released more than 80 wrestlers in the last 12 months, so I'm not entirely sure who is in the game, and there could easily be another wrestler or two let go before the game's released!

D

Deleted member 41971

it does seem to me gaming prices are on the rise, I wait for sales and discounts but it does seem a concerning trend,

with 2k 22, just below the NWO banner it gives whats in the versions, for the ultimate edition, looking at that it ain't worth 105 pounds.

THIS ROSTER OF LEGENDS IS JUST TOO SWEET
Take over with the WWE 2K22 nWo 4-Life Edition, which includes playable nWo Superstars, two awesome arenas, the nWo Wolfpac Championship & more–an amazing value!

The WWE 2K22 nWo 4-Life Edition comes with all of the bonus digital content included in the WWE 2K22 Deluxe Edition, PLUS:
  • MyFACTION EVO Cards and alternate nWo attires for “Hollywood” Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Syxx, and playable Eric Bischoff character
  • Souled Out 1997 and Bash at the Beach 1996 arenas
  • The nWo Wolfpac Championship
  • 1 MyFACTION “Gold” Pack bundled with nWo EVO cards

D

Deleted member 41971

As someone who follows wrestling pretty closely, I'm well aware that WWE have released more than 80 wrestlers in the last 12 months, so I'm not entirely sure who is in the game, and there could easily be another wrestler or two let go before the game's released!

firing william regal was a disgrace, hope he goes to AEW

D

Deleted member 41971

He'll find work over in the States for sure, but there's also plenty of companies here who'd have him in a shot, although he'd obviously have to lose that Florida weather to come back here!

i do feel sorry for 2k developing 2k 22, imagine doing all the character models then wwe ring up and say "yeah scrap that, we released most of them" does make you wonder what vince will do with wwe considering I have never known so many releases in a relatively a short space of time, could not believe they dropped the ball on brawn strowman, Daniel Bryan and adam cole etc.

I hope regal stays in the US as that is the mecca for pro wrestling and would like to see him take all his knowledge to benefit talent

D

Deleted member 41971

new serious sam out 25th jan 2022

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
new serious same out 25th jan 2022

I love the Serious Sam series, they're just mindless fun, really enjoyable, looking forward to this!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
due to be out on steam 24th feb 2022 is a game called GRID legends racing sim

pricing 49.99 for standard and 69.99 for deluxe.
This is the January release thread, I'll start a February one next week. Stop getting ahead of the thread! :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 41971

I should think so as well, don't want the lord of steam getting hot under the collar and boiling over................

all hail the lord of steam, bearer of free games and wisdom of the ages

Untitled - Copy.jpg

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
I discovered Steam a few years ago. First game was Tomb Raider, the 2013 reboot. I've also got the 96 Core version on cd :)
This was closely followed by Rise of and Shadow of Tomb Raider.
I also got a Steam Controller. Yes, I did read the reviews, the main complaint seemed to be "it isn't an Xbox, or PS, controller". As I didn't have either of those controllers, retraining my fingers to a different controller wasn't going to be a problem, training them to A controller would be though :D (Old guy, recently had a stroke that has affected my right arm strength and right hand dexterity).
Since then I've added all 3 of The Witcher series and Skyrim V. Elder Scrolls.
Most recently I saw Days Gone on sale. A biker zombie/apocalypse/survival game. Sounds perfect for an old biker like me. A quick look at the basic machine requirements: 64bit, 8gb ram, 2gb graphics card, disc space required, yup I got that. So I bought it. It played fairly well, but stutters a bit and the graphics weren't that great. So I looked at its requirements again. Ooops, I'm a bit below spec. Looked closely at the specs, I'm a whole generation below specs :eek: , at least. By now I've got over 100 hours of playing time and enjoying the game immensely, despite my self-inflicted drawbacks.

Completely new box of bits, and monitor, in the planning stage at present, waiting for the pre-Christmas price drop before I order.
Days Gone is the reason for the upgrade. What I've got is perfectly adequate for the older games I play, web surfing, office work etc.
Trouble is, I'm now starting to look for other, story driven, third person shooter games, similar to Days Gone. If there had been a DG2 "I'd have that" as well. Pretty pointless until I get that new box of bits, but then again.....

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Must pick up Days Gone when I'm finished with God of War.

I got myself a Steam controller too and it's absolutely brilliant for things like Xcom or Civilisation. It's incredible at replicating a mouse but on the more common control schemes I do tend to favour the PS4 controller. Although Keyboard and mouse is my preferred when possible

I absolutely love the Witcher series but fair warning the original is very dated now and the sequel has some pretty massive difficulty spikes especially in the beginning but the story they tell is second to none. 3rd game is just as masterpiece of game design in my opinion

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
Must pick up Days Gone when I'm finished with God of War.

I got myself a Steam controller too and it's absolutely brilliant for things like Xcom or Civilisation. It's incredible at replicating a mouse but on the more common control schemes I do tend to favour the PS4 controller. Although Keyboard and mouse is my preferred when possible

I absolutely love the Witcher series but fair warning the original is very dated now and the sequel has some pretty massive difficulty spikes especially in the beginning but the story they tell is second to none. 3rd game is just as masterpiece of game design in my opinion

Days Gone is a fantastic game, in my opinion. Ported over from a 2019 PS4 exclusive, last year
You're a biker, freelancing jobs for various camps; rescuing their people from groups who've grabbed them, killing zombies individually, in small groups (nests) and in big groups (hoards). There are several different levels of zombies, each more difficult to kill than the last. They aren't called zombies, they've been infected by a virus which has mutated them; but if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it's a duck, or zombie in this case. Days Gone is the number of days since the apocalypse and the day he lost touch with his wife. It starts at day 701. The story is him not believing his wife is dead, because he hasn't found her body, I won't say more than that for spoilers.
There are lots of missions, to find people, particular pieces of equipment and so on. There are lots of 'collectables' essentially 'just for the sake of it', there are lots of collectables for upgrading the bike, and your equipment, and as part of the story. All fairly standard fare for this type of game I think. There are also a lot of cut scenes, which explain a lot of the games back story, and also to advance the story line. It's a third person shooter, just in case you didn't know.
It's got a good story line, it's a fast paced game. It has plenty of characters, who have their own agenda and are not 2 dimensional. The game play is pretty familiar (controls and such). The graphics are fantastic, despite the limitations of my present rig. Well worth the money, especially if you can get it on offer, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I've become quite active on Steams Discussion boards for it. If I didn't like the game so much, I don't think I would have.

D

Deleted member 41971

Days Gone is a fantastic game, in my opinion. Ported over from a 2019 PS4 exclusive, last year
You're a biker, freelancing jobs for various camps; rescuing their people from groups who've grabbed them, killing zombies individually, in small groups (nests) and in big groups (hoards). There are several different levels of zombies, each more difficult to kill than the last. They aren't called zombies, they've been infected by a virus which has mutated them; but if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it's a duck, or zombie in this case. Days Gone is the number of days since the apocalypse and the day he lost touch with his wife. It starts at day 701. The story is him not believing his wife is dead, because he hasn't found her body, I won't say more than that for spoilers.
There are lots of missions, to find people, particular pieces of equipment and so on. There are lots of 'collectables' essentially 'just for the sake of it', there are lots of collectables for upgrading the bike, and your equipment, and as part of the story. All fairly standard fare for this type of game I think. There are also a lot of cut scenes, which explain a lot of the games back story, and also to advance the story line. It's a third person shooter, just in case you didn't know.
It's got a good story line, it's a fast paced game. It has plenty of characters, who have their own agenda and are not 2 dimensional. The game play is pretty familiar (controls and such). The graphics are fantastic, despite the limitations of my present rig. Well worth the money, especially if you can get it on offer, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I've become quite active on Steams Discussion boards for it. If I didn't like the game so much, I don't think I would have.

sounds a game worth getting into, seems to work great on steam deck according to the steam page, looks like a game similer to dead rising

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
sounds a game worth getting into, seems to work great on steam deck according to the steam page, looks like a game similer to dead rising
Dead Rising is a game that's been mentioned as similar. I believe Days Gone is on Steam Deck as well.

Beware though.
I've played it all the way through on my rig, which is below specs for this game, with some minor graphics 'glitches', very minor imo. Apparently this is because my rig is below spec and therefore cannot run the game at high fps, etc. Higher spec rigs seem to suffer from game crashes. Nvidia driver update 516.?? was causing it to crash at startup. Also, weirdly, bluetooth headsets connected to mo/bo, caused the same problem. Before buying, I'd have a look at the Days Gone>General Discussion page on Steam. Most of the game crashes appear to be caused by graphics settings being very high. The solution being to reduce them to low, get through the crash 'zone', then put them back up again. The 'crash zone' can happen anywhere. A possible cause is skipping the cut scene, just before you carry on with a mission after it. Some cut scenes involve the start of a mission, then leave you at a point where you have to take control. It would appear that the next part of the game loads in the background during the cut scene. If you skip it, it doesn't load properly which then results in a crash.
This makes it seem like the game crashes all the time. There are really only a few people who experience these crashes, and after a few attempts to clear the problem, then post in the discussions page. It could be that they haven't spoken to people on this board (or other similar boards) and don't have a balanced rig, so there's something being overworked. That's just speculation on my part :)