Just a few questions for PCS/PCS Customers.

Tysuro

Gold Level Poster
Hi guys, as the title suggests I was hoping to get an insight into how PCS OC works.

1: Do PCS manually overclock the CPU through the mobo or do they use software like AI Suite from Asus? I like AI Suite the OC only kicks in when it's needed :D.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxd651HEsXE

2: Do PCS provide a USB of sorts with the BIOS settings incase of reformatting/issues or something?(totally new to Overclocking concept forgive my noobness please :p :) I'm not keen on messing with the BIOS :p I've done it before and it's easy but last thing I wanna do is brick the board. I'm a super novice :D

3: I use my PC for long periods of time and I'm a little worried about the lifespan of the CPU should I be worried? :)

4: Last question. Are you allowed to select the Overclock speed PCS set? I don't want to go above 4Ghz ideally since I don't really need anything higher thats an ideal number.

Last edited:

Spuff

Expert
4.0GHz wouldn't be a extravagant overclock. You can probably just set the CPU multiplier number (the new maximum Hz) in the BIOS and not have to change anything else.
The Motherboard BIOS will allow you to reset the settings back to default.
The option to go into the BIOS will be available before the Windows boot happens, so you will always be able to access it if your hardware is working.
Like most electrical things a stress point for it is turning on, so although I can't say what the consequence of leaving it on all the time is, if not being worked very hard all the time, leaving it on should not be an issue except for your electrical bill.

I expect PCS will set a lower overclock if you phone and request that.

jerpers

Master
PCS manually overclock and put the file with settings in the download page on your login on the website. IV haven't had out long enough to give access real idea of longevity but I'm not worried. I have an i7 6700k set at 4.5mhz and is very stable.

Tysuro

Gold Level Poster
PCS manually overclock and put the file with settings in the download page on your login on the website. IV haven't had out long enough to give access real idea of longevity but I'm not worried. I have an i7 6700k set at 4.5mhz and is very stable.

I'm just thinking about the power consumption to cause I'm not going to need an overclock active all the time.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
When I looked into it software overclockers were a bad idea. I tried AI suite and it did not behave nicely at all.
Has anything changed now?

depends when you last looked. From what little ive seen the latest implementations of the software by asus in particular was quite good. Yes it could have been done a little more efficiently by a human but in terms of 1 click and forget it was pretty much spot on according to the reading I did.

Spuff

Expert
I'll give it another whirl then.
Edit: AI Suite isn't available for W10 and my board.

Last edited: