Just arrived...broken!

mrlr

Hey guys just had my new pc delivered after eagerly awaiting, unboxed it and the case is broken! :(

The bottom of the front is in several pieces in the plastic bagging and one side of the case is slightly bent outwards. I can upload pics but they really weren't the pics I wanted to be uploading.

The box it came in seems untouched so there is no clear markings of it being dropped or whatever in transit...

Gorman

Author Level
The box it came in seems untouched so there is no clear markings of it being dropped or whatever in transit...

The boxes rarely show signs of damage, they just bounce back into shape with the aid of the internal boxes and the other packaging, unfortunately the PC's dont do the same.

This one should go straight to the call centre so they can get it sorted, 0844 499 4000

mrlr

Yup, spoke to guy, emailed requested photos and got a response immediately. Replacement ordered. Very good customer service :)

JSG10

Expert
Such a shame when this happens, a bit of the styrofoam packaging was broken off on mine but fortunately the PC itself was fine (I checked it over VERY thouroughly!) so it seems the packaging managed to do the job :)
Its a great shame that they go through such care to build these great machines and package them as best they can just for courier companies to go and drop them and show little care when loading / unloading them in their vans!

Hope it gets sorted quickly :)

mrlr

Its a great shame that they go through such care to build these great machines and package them as best they can just for courier companies to go and drop them and show little care when loading / unloading them in their vans!

Too right!

AirTimeAzn

There are alot of threads that report broken machines being delivered, really getting worried now lol. Maybe it's time to change courier maybe lol

Maestro

Wehave shipped over 60,000 computers to date. The number of damaged in transit machines is very, very small. The very nature of forums means that any such issue will be highlighted, whereas the thousands of pc's that get delivered without issue are not, so you get an inflated sense that it happens all the time. We have used several different couriers in the past, and i am afraid they all leave a lot to be desired. We use packaging specially designed and drop tested at the Sealed Air Labs, together with inflatable bags inside the pc where needed. However this is all about as much use as a chocolate fireguard if the courier doesnt treat the package with respect. However, please have peace of mnd that all packages are sent on an insured service.

AND REMEMBER:-

1: WHEN TAKING RECEIPT OF THE PACKAGE CHECK FOR SIGNS OF DAMAGE BEFORE SIGNING.
2: IF THE PACKAGE IS DAMAGED MAKE THIS KNOWN WHEN SIGNING AND SIGN THAT THE PACKAGE WAS DAMAGED
3: IF YOU CANNOT CHECK THE PC ITSELF SIGN FOR THE PACKAGE AS UNCHECKED.

If you simply sign for the package as normal you are effectively saying that you have taken receipt of the goods and they are in good condition. Dont let the driver rush or hurry you. A few moments to check your parcel is not unreasonable.

pengipete

Rising Star
There are alot of threads that report broken machines being delivered, really getting worried now lol. Maybe it's time to change courier maybe lol

There are a number of threads where non-latching cables have come loose - which they can dosimply by swinging under their own weight regardless and needn't be related to any mis-hanling by the courier - and some where customers are asked to check that their RAM or graphics cards are fully seated - with the suggestion that they may have worked loose in transit but it's actually the unavoidable changes in temperature that are the actual cause and again, not a result of mis-handling - but actual reports of physical damage to the case are incredibly rare. I don't claim to have read every single post on the forum during the time I've been here but I genuinely can't recall another where the PC's case was bent out of shape.

mrlr

I didn't mean to worry anyone I'm sure I’ve just been unlucky with the couriers.

Whereas PCS have been excellent in sorting things out for me, received my repaired pc on Monday and I am happy to say it arrived safely!

http://img846.imageshack.us/i/85623622.jpg/

The added foam was much appreciated!!

http://img860.imageshack.us/i/79057382.jpg/
http://img854.imageshack.us/i/20220920.jpg/
http://img859.imageshack.us/i/43505565.jpg/