Just checking - GPU fan

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
I'm not sure if there is a problem. The GPU fan does not seem to be running. Does it need a heavy load to run?

CaseCORSAIR 4000D AIRFLOW TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card12GB AMD RADEON™ RED DEVIL RX 6700 XT - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
2nd Storage DriveNONE
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3200MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWINDOWS 10 PROFESSIONAL

Annotation 2021-04-27 180235.png

D

Deleted member 17413

I would of thought it would still be spinning, regardless of load... so no, doesnt sound right.
But then the temps are low... so maybe its a feature of that GPU? Im not familiar with it...

If you run any games, does it spin then?

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
I would of thought it would still be spinning, regardless of load... so no, doesnt sound right.
But then the temps are low... so maybe its a feature of that GPU? Im not familiar with it...

If you run any games, does it spin then?
I've played Witcher for 30 minutes and doesn't seem to affect the fans. Should I play longer to test it?

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
I think I have good news....

It apparently has a feature where the fans dont spin up until it hits 60C

• Mute Fan Technology - 0db –Silent gaming​

• Mute Fan Technology intelligently turns off the fan below 60℃, providing silent gaming during medium and low load while reducing power consumption
Thank you! I was a bit worried as I'd always been used to noisy fans.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

• Mute Fan Technology intelligently turns off the fan below 60℃, providing silent gaming during medium and low load while reducing power consumption
A lot of GPUs don’t spin until under load these days

D

Deleted member 17413

A lot of GPUs don’t spin until under load these days
It wont shock you to hear that, having been on laptops for nearly a decade, I didnt have a clue!
Last GPU was a GTX 1070 before the desktop purchase....

ChrisCooney

Silver Level Poster
If I were you, I’d consider running some stress testing software to confirm. Maybe even lower the RPM on case fans to try and increase the GPU temp.

Alternatively, some GPUs have a manual setting that allow you to set the RPM of the fans, regardless of temp. I’d also consider that to make sure everything is working.

Ps: sweet build!

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
I'm not sure if there is a problem. The GPU fan does not seem to be running. Does it need a heavy load to run?

CaseCORSAIR 4000D AIRFLOW TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card12GB AMD RADEON™ RED DEVIL RX 6700 XT - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
2nd Storage DriveNONE
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3200MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWINDOWS 10 PROFESSIONAL

View attachment 25549
I can find a few posts on Internet land that say the fan doesn't turn below 60 degrees C - which seems a bit high - but these are not for your specific card mind you.

I would also stress it and see if the fan kicks in then....

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I can find a few posts on Internet land that say the fan doesn't turn below 60 degrees C - which seems a bit high - but these are not for your specific card mind you.

If I were you, I’d consider running some stress testing software to confirm. Maybe even lower the RPM on case fans to try and increase the GPU temp.

Alternatively, some GPUs have a manual setting that allow you to set the RPM of the fans, regardless of temp. I’d also consider that to make sure everything is working.

Ps: sweet build!
If you do want to stress test, a great tool is furmark which is a torture test:

You likely wouldn’t need to run it for long

ColEyt

Gold Level Poster

Just checked the AMD radeon software settings for my 6700xt, and my fans don't activate until GPU temp gets to 50c, and then they only run at 30% capacity.

The above is the default setting for my card and the software, not made any changes to the manual tuning

D

Deleted member 17413

The link above is a direct link to the actual card, and the copy/paste is text straight off its product page.
Stress testing is never a bad idea, just to check out how the card does, but I dont think theres any issue from whats been said so far seen as we know it has this 0 rpm feature for <60C

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just checked the AMD radeon software settings for my 6700xt, and my fans don't activate until GPU temp gets to 50c, and then they only run at 30% capacity.

The above is the default setting for my card and the software, not made any changes to the manual tuning
very similar to my 2070 super