Just had a guy call to tell me my PC had a vrius...LOL!

JSG10

Expert
Lol nice one.
I already had one of these calls a couple of months ago with similar amusing consequences. He tried claiming he was a Microsoft Expert or some rubbish. Indian guy again.
I do hope no one falls for these idiots. If its someone computer fairly computer illiterate that is quite unsure with that kind of thing they may well do :(

Matt

Bright Spark
OK so I've finally had one of those calls from some Indian chap on a very faint line. He was calling me to tell me that my computer had a virus and it was going to crash any minute now! Oh no, I thought...:(

I'm glad that this guy had chosen to call me, because I was going to drag the call on for as long as possible to waste his time. I made him wait 5 minutes while my computer "booted up" and then a few more minutes to get to Internet Explorer.

He asked me to type in www . alm*** .com and click enter.

So I said to him, can I just check the domain name with you again - is it www. go f*** yourself .com?

He said, no, no, www . alm*** .com.

I said, OK, www. go f*** yourself .com?

No - www. alm*** .com

This went on for another two of three times until he finally realised what I was saying to him, then he hung up. Fool.

Haha this was a funny and unexpected surprise. Good job PCS.

Matt00011

Silver Level Poster
Yes very well done PCS, I cant imagine the amount of computer users who have fallen for this scam.