Just ordered another PC (for my brother)

LDUK

Master Poster
Hey guys, he got the PC today! For some sucky reason (not the fault of PCS) the wireless USB wont work properly so he can't get it online >:

However, here are some pics to make you smile

45676_10150235449105694_750430693_14280436_6249505_n.jpg

44768_10150235449510694_750430693_14280447_1283632_n.jpg

44810_10150235452105694_750430693_14280564_6363598_n.jpg

45025_10150235452175694_750430693_14280567_467777_n.jpg

LDUK

Master Poster
Looks great! Need any help with the wireless?

I'm honestly not sure what up with it. I plug in the USB stick (I've tried this with 2, I used to have one for my old PC) and the computer does see it because it's in the device manager. When I try to install the drivers it asks me to plug the USB stick in, when it's already in, or I can't continue installation.
Also, it makes a noise as if it recognises it but then doesn't. For example, when you plug in a device it makes a sound (DUH DUH). But this goes (Duh duh duh) really quickly. I remember this happening on my old PC, not sure how I fixed it. I've browsed the disk manually to try and install it, but the same thing happens. Would love so help, if you have any :)

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm, is the stick compatible with Windows 7? Maybe it's a loose connection from being interted/removed often, and might need a little pressure on either side?

LDUK

Master Poster
Hmm, is the stick compatible with Windows 7? Maybe it's a loose connection from being interted/removed often, and might need a little pressure on either side?

Lol. I'm not sure. But I know I had the same problem before with my Vista PC. Tried all of the above. I think it's best to get a better one anyway,

Sweeney47

are you plugging into the front usb slots or the back, if I remember correctly the front ones get worse power supply (dont know where this came from) and the back ones are more reliable...

Alternatively it could just be a window'ism whereby it will only work in one of the USB slots and you need to find which one, I had this on my old PC with my usb keyboard and mouse, I unplugged to clean my pc and neither would work again after (even following 2 reboots) until I juggled them around the slots until they were in their 'original' slots and everything worked fine.

LDUK

Master Poster
are you plugging into the front usb slots or the back, if I remember correctly the front ones get worse power supply (dont know where this came from) and the back ones are more reliable...

Alternatively it could just be a window'ism whereby it will only work in one of the USB slots and you need to find which one, I had this on my old PC with my usb keyboard and mouse, I unplugged to clean my pc and neither would work again after (even following 2 reboots) until I juggled them around the slots until they were in their 'original' slots and everything worked fine.

Hmm, maybe that could be it. I tried front and back, but not all of them. I'll try that out 2morrow, thanks.

Meds

Also, I would try to begin the software/driver installation without the USB Stick in. Then when it prompts you to plug it in, do so, rather than have it in from the beginning.

LDUK

Master Poster
OK, I tried every USB slot, and have tired to begin the software/driver installation without the USB Stick in. Nothing works. Just oredered another one.
Thanks anyway guys :)

LDUK

Master Poster
Here is a video of Josh's new PC. Only quick.
[video=youtube;WuIcQbPdxX8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuIcQbPdxX8[/video]