Just ordered my new laptop... one concern though

• Thread starter Deleted member 17413
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 17413

Well, if it's any consolation, a 17.3" laptop is only portable in the loosest sense.

Yeah thats kinda true... but i have a 17.3 laptop already and a carry case for it... i have been known to take it with me on trips to the parents or work journeys ( 2 day training days/briefing meetings and the like)
I even used to cart it about the house occationally...

Anyway, hopefully thats everything set now, so just a case of sitting and waiting for it to arrive....
I know when it turns up i will forget all my worries and fall in love with its sheer power, the HD screen has nothing but good reviews too and hopefully the sound with the T40's will make it a real treat for movies/games/music in every respect

Final spec:
.........Vortex III: 17.3" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3840QM (2.80GHz) 8MB
16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 8GB) (amended down from 32GB)
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 675MX - 4.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 320GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD3200BEKT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)
............. 2nd Hard Disk 320GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD3200BEKT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)
.............(RAID 1 (MIRRORED VOLUME - 2 x same size & model HDD / SSD) )
20GB INTEL® 313 mSATA SSD - SLC CACHE DRIVE- SPEED UP HDD
4x BLURAY ROM, 8x DVD ±R/±RW & CYBERLINK SOFTWARE
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
...........Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence
Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II 2.0 High End Speakers

Last edited by a moderator:

Animal

I've taken a chance and ordered the Logitech Z305 from an eBay seller in South Korea as it is discontinued in the UK. Suffice to say I looked at their feedback which looks fine. It cost £39 with free P&P so not the end of the world if I get any problems.

D

Deleted member 17413

IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My laptop is awaiting dispatch!!!!

It went into testing this morning/lunchtime and its flown through testing and quality control in just a few hours! just received an email saying awaiting dispatch...

I've sent them a message just to make sure its actually there and i've not been sent the wrong email (had one each time it changes stage but not had one for testing>quality control step) and if its all good i've offered to pay the extra and get it delivered tomorrow rather than wait till monday!

......Somebody find me some valium before i start bouncing off the walls!!!

Rakk

The Awesome
I've sent them a message just to make sure its actually there and i've not been sent the wrong email (had one each time it changes stage but not had one for testing>quality control step) and if its all good i've offered to pay the extra and get it delivered tomorrow rather than wait till monday!
You will probably get a quicker response by phoning PCS :)
And if you want it changed to Saturday delivery I think you need to do that before it is actually dispatched, and I suspect it's not far off being dispatched if it is due to be sent out today (though it may be too late for that already, I do not know)

D

Deleted member 17413

You will probably get a quicker response by phoning PCS :)
And if you want it changed to Saturday delivery I think you need to do that before it is actually dispatched, and I suspect it's not far off being dispatched if it is due to be sent out today (though it may be too late for that already, I do not know)

...Oh...
Well, i might get lucky...it says dispatched same day if it reaches this status before 3pm... which it only just about did... i might be able to just catch it, if not....i'll have to learn to be patient!

D

Deleted member 17413

He shoots....... HE SCORES!!!! saturday delivery in the bag!!

*does a little conga around the room*

p.S thank you to the guy who just ran round the building for me!