Just ordered my WoW PC

Roobarb

Bronze Level Poster
You do know that with cata, you can now wrap 3 monitor support, and open all cores of a CPU to it ?

As most apps fight for the first core you can set additional cores on supported apps.

I know this is going back on the thread a little. But I spoke to a friend about it this morning, and it's possible.

PringlesInside

Enthusiast
You do know that with cata, you can now wrap 3 monitor support, and open all cores of a CPU to it ?

As most apps fight for the first core you can set additional cores on supported apps.

I know this is going back on the thread a little. But I spoke to a friend about it this morning, and it's possible.

i dont understand what you mean. care to explain to me?

Roobarb

Bronze Level Poster
The latest release of Warcraft supports upto 3 monitors, and you can force Warcraft to use all the cores your CPU has.

As Warcraft is powered by, CPU, RAM and hdd. You can force windows/firewall into your CPU's first core and then use your other 3/5 cores to run Warcraft. Speeds it up, but most newer games require more gpu so the trick can't be used.

LFFPicard

Godlike
Can I just point out, even though Warcraft now supports 3 monitors you can't use them like most games.
For example you cant have the world map one one screen, game on 2nd and raid frames on 3rd.. When this was announced I jumped at it to have a perm map on second monitor.
All Warcraft allows you to do is specify witch monitor you wish to run the game on from the video options. The game will still only run on a single monitor but you can force it to display on a certain monitor in from the video options.

The only use for this would be to run multiple instances of WoW and have each one running on a different monitor. Pretty much welcoming bots into the game. Not that they couldn't run multiple WoW in the first place...

Roobarb

Bronze Level Poster
Oooh didn't realise it was like that. Have some rep.

I didn't fully read up about it, just assumed.

Saying that, I only have 2 monitors, so 1 for game, the other to view ITunes, vent and surf while playing.

vandisc

It has arrived!

Final spec:

PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE
Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
ASUS® P8P67 PRO (NEW REV 3.0): USB 3.0/SATA 6Gb/s, CrossFireX™ & SLI
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti - 2 DVI,HDMI,VGA - DirectX® 11, 3D Vision Ready
120GB INTEL® X25-M SERIES SSD, SATA 3 Gb/s (upto 250MB/sR | 100MB/sW)
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
CORSAIR 650W TX SERIES (TX650) 80+ ULTRA QUIET PSU (£78)
COOLIT ECO A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER) (£49)
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£109)

Maximum Required Power 520W

Built By John Mellor
Tested By Garnet Heller
QC'd By Adnaan Marban
Packed By Anthony Cunliff

It has just arrived :) It performs great. 60fps in 25man, full ultra 1920x1080. I keep AA on 2-4x
cause i don't really want the card to perform at max all the time but it looks great anyhow.
I must also love SSD :) Super fast, super quiet.

Great work by PCS. From the quality of build to packaging. You are awesome guys :)

Last edited:

LFFPicard

Godlike
Pictures or we dont believe you!

Glad to see it performs well with the amended setup. Must say I am looking forward to WoW on ultra 25man when my beast arrives, getting bored of MEdium graphics and 15fps in 25man, evem worse now I am forced onto my laptop :(