Just Ordered This

BlakeP

Just ordered this out of the 'next day delivery' section on PCS. I did make a custom build, it was basically the same as this but with 3600MHz RAM. What do you think, have I overpaid at £1150? Would the better RAM have been worth waiting 2 weeks more for?

PCS specs.png

Last edited:

BlakeP

Well, you certainly haven't overpaid...whether it's the best system for your uses and your monitor (assuming it's being used for gaming...ignore if not) is a different matter. Regarding the RAM, while AMD chips do love higher frequencies, for a normal system 3000 will be fine....my system is not far different to yours and it runs fine on 3000.

Hi,

The system will mainly be used for video editing with Adobe Premiere Pro and streaming gameplay on twitch (FIFA and Football Manager).

I have two monitors, 24" Zowie by BenQ XL2411P and a 24'' benq gl2450. I game on the Zowie and have OBS etc on the other monitor.

I can always upgrade to the 3600mhz ram if needed I guess. We will see how it goes.

BlakeP

Hmmm...well, for gaming purposes on a 1080p monitor you will be fine.....but streaming at the same time will push the 3600 (generally the 3700 is the minimum chip for gaming/streaming), although you might get away with it for FIFA and FM. Video editing I definitely would have again been looking at the 3700 as the extra cores come in handy...again, the 3600 can do it, it just may push the chip quite hard.

What I would say is keep on eye on CPU temperatures and load while editing or gaming/streaming and if either or both are consistently high, I'd look at getting an aftermarket CPU cooler.....the stock AMD cooler is excellent but it has it's limits and anything to prolong the life of the chip is a good thing.

Any recommended software to keep an eye on the temperature?

BlakeP

Hi guys, with the case I ordered it says it comes with 3 RGB fans in the front. These are corsair ones. However, when I go on iCUE to control them it only gives me the option to control the motherboard. The fans only mimick the colour of the rgb lights inside at the moment, they do not light up themselves