just ordered.....

ukste

Not the best pc around but pretty capable of running battlefield 3 which is all im arsed about, ill prob add more ram later.

PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE

Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-3570K (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache

ASUS® P8Z77-V LX: USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, ATI®CrossFireX

4GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz X.M.P(2 x 2GB KIT)

1GB AMD RADEON™ HD6850 - 2 DVI,HDMI, DP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 3 Capable

CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS

£660

bigben

Master Poster
I would drop the processor to I5 3550 and try to improve the graphics card.
I would also get a WD caviar black hard drive.

ukste

i can upgrade the gfx card at anytime, the main thing is thats what i wanted with my budget.

Last edited:

dangro474

Bright Spark
i can upgrade the gfx card at anytime, the main thing is thats what i wanted with my budget.

Trying to stick to budgets is always a smart move, however you always have to consider the impact overstepping your budget to upgrade to a more powerful component will have to your overall system performance.

You CAN always upgrade your card, however you then substitute the cost of a pre production upgrade to a post production replacement, which results in a waste of money in the long run.

KOOZIE-SPARTAN

Trying to stick to budgets is always a smart move, however you always have to consider the impact overstepping your budget to upgrade to a more powerful component will have to your overall system performance.

You CAN always upgrade your card, however you then substitute the cost of a pre production upgrade to a post production replacement, which results in a waste of money in the long run.

Lol, my budget was £800-£1000

I came out spending £1890

Had to add SLI 670's 17, 16 gb ram and 1050 w PSU. couldn't contain my self.

ukste

Ive been online gaming since 2001 and theres no win with pc gaming, each new pc bought is out dated after 6 months due to something new being released

Teaz

Godlike
Fairly true but the graphics card is still very capable of handling games for another 2-4+ years if is a good high end card. Nothing wrong with that.

ukste

Ive kinda tweaked it ... now im having this built

Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-3570K (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache

ASUS® P8Z77-V LX: USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, ATI®CrossFireX

SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE INTEL CPU COOLER

8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT

1GB AMD RADEON™ HD6850 - 2 DVI,HDMI, DP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 3 Capable

CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE

ukste

Well im addicted to battlefield 3 and intel i5 upwards works great for this game plus amd is cheap ****e in my eyes, altho i dont know everything i just prefer intel

Teaz

Godlike
amd is more than ample for gaming and is more than enough for the everyday punter and gaming. capable just as intel. amd just usually lack power to offer a fair price performance ratio. clearly marks out by intel for their higher price and extra power. so nothing wrong with amd. gaming isn't really revolved around the cpu. its the graphics card for better performance.

ukste

true but with a decent mobo,cpu,psu all you need do in future is change card rather than whole new pc

Grinder

Enthusiast
Even an i5 with a 6850 wont match a gtx670 with a modern cpu like the 4100 or 4170 in bf3

A £1000 + rig is ok for i5 plus cpu and 7950 plus card
A £700 - rig is ok for bulldozer cpu and a 7950 plus card for the best in gaming on a low budget.

dont get a i5 with a 3rd generation graphics card because its pointless because your cpu will be twiddling its thumbs will the gpu is struggling away holding up the show.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7950-review-benchmark,3207-13.html
as you can see the 6850 are really poor now for games :(

Last edited:

Ash

Plus you don't need the k version of your CPU unless you are overclocking it.

ukste

i understand your thoughts, i may well overclock some day or maybe not. Ive basicly got what i feel is best for my budget. As for the 6850 its still a very good card in my eyes and will do me for the next 5 years.

Swanky777

Bronze Level Poster
i understand your thoughts, i may well overclock some day or maybe not. Ive basicly got what i feel is best for my budget. As for the 6850 its still a very good card in my eyes and will do me for the next 5 years.

If you are going to overclock, you need a good motherboard, cpu cooling and decent ram. I would bare that in mind if you do decide to OC