Keep changing spec can not make up my mind

Ragdoll

Posted a PC spec which i thought was good, however having looked at others on the forums i keep changing my mind. i have now come up with this spec.

Case
COOLERMASTER CM STORM SNIPER - NEXT GEN GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5-2500 Quad Core (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z68-V PRO: USB 3.0, SATA 6GB/s, NVIDIA®SLI™, ATI®CrossFireX™
Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card
1.25GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 570 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
80GB INTEL® 320 SERIES SSD, SATA 3 Gb/s (upto 270MB/sR | 90MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£86)
Processor Cooling
TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£109)
Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Quantity

Price: £1,262.00 including VAT and delivery.

I would like to change the G Card to a 580 but that is a bit OTT from a 570 price wise.
i will be using the PC for gaming and internet + some office work all on a 1950 x 1200 monitor.

i would be looking at this PC to last at least 3-4 years before i have to change it to play the latest games.

Can someone please make my mind up before i change it again.

Thanks

Teaz

Godlike
this spec should have no probs to last you 4 years+ time along with your work use and gaming. its ready to be ordered.

Ragdoll

this spec should have no probs to last you 4 years+ time along with your work use and gaming. its ready to be ordered.

should i buy the 580 or keep with the 570. is the added cost over the 570 performance wise worth it?

Teaz

Godlike
tbh, if youre really into your gaming, you could say its worth the purchase but a 570 is a powerful gpu already which isnt so far away from the 580. so in a wise worth, id stick to the 570. down the line when a new line of nvidia flagships come out, you can always decide to upgrade then or not or decide to sli. your call, id just stick with the 570 especially with your strict budget on the line :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
if you can get a 580, they are pretty awesome, and also, get a 1050W PSU, which will allow you to buy a second 580 when they are dead cheap this will then double your power in SLi meaning it will last longer than 4 years

Ragdoll

if you can get a 580, they are pretty awesome, and also, get a 1050W PSU, which will allow you to buy a second 580 when they are dead cheap this will then double your power in SLi meaning it will last longer than 4 years

Thanks for your advice. i am almost there in placing an order. i have just one more question which is. my monitor has just gone so looking for a new one do i go for TN or IPS? i also have a choice of either 1950 x 1080 or 1950 x 1200. screen. 23 and 24"

My understanding is that TN is good for gaming but not good colour, IPS is good for colour but not as good as a TN panel for response lag etc in games.

thinking of IPS 1950 x 1200 because of colour repoduction and detail. i will not be watching moves on it, gaming 90% and 10% office work.