Keeping new PC clean

marklcfc

Gold Level Poster
My computer of the past 10 years is full of dust, I can safely say I've never cleaned it apart from blowing into it occasionally to remove some of the dust thats stuck on the fan, and parts inside.

When my new computer comes how should I look after it regarding the dust?
My case is the Define 7 compact and it has 4 dust filters, whatever that means for me :unsure:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Here's a link to an air duster that one of the mods posted in a topic about this subject a while ago:

Air Duster
This is an amazing cleaner, I have one so can vouch for it. It's worth paying the extra 10er and getting the model up as it has loads more nozzels and also anti static brushes which are really handy:

And if cleaning fans specifically, use the lower setting as spinning the blades too fast can damage the bearings.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
This is an amazing cleaner, I have one so can vouch for it. It's worth paying the extra 10er and getting the model up as it has loads more nozzels and also anti static brushes which are really handy:

And if cleaning fans specifically, use the lower setting as spinning the blades too fast can damage the bearings.
Personally, I wipe each blade of every fan with a moistened cleaning cloth to ensure all muck and dust is removed. The larger fans are easy to do, the smaller rear fan is a bit of a fiddle though. I like to know that the fan blades are spotlessly clean. :)

marklcfc

Gold Level Poster
I've bought that compucleaner xpert.

Opened up my PC earlier and its a little dusty in there. What should I do just take it outside and blow the air cooler into it, should I do it from both sides or just the main bit? Hopefully that will be enough to remove the dust?

How are the dust filters cleaned? I have one on the bottom, one on the top and two small ones on the sides.

I have the brushes too in this pack but nothing looks that bad that might need though as I've only had it a month

D

Deleted member 103489

I have one of these to great for getting rid of dust.

But once i did have it to close to my gpu and broke of several blades so lesson learned lol