Kernel Power error ID 41 (63)

Light2587

Two days ago I have built my first pc, And everything was all good, installed windows 8.1 Pro , installed most of things i need (Used it for a good 2 hrs or so) but then it suddenly switches off automatically, without any noises or anything, I tried booting it up again afterwards, and it turns off again after 15mins, then I waited for half an hr and tried it again and the same things happens. I've checked the Event viewer and this Kernel Power Error popped up. I've also checked if i need to update my BIOs but the other option than the one I already have on the site is in Beta therefore it shouldn't be the BIOs problem.

Here are my specs:
CPU:AMD (Piledriver) FX-6300 3.5GHz(4.10GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 6-Core Processor - Retail
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P AMD Socket AM3+ Motherboard
GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Dual-X Boost OC AMD Graphics Card 2GB
Memory: 8GB (2x4GB) Crucial Ballistix Sprot 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Dual channel kit
HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 3.5"SATA III Hard Drive
PSU: EVGA 500W 80 plus power supply (100-W1-0500-KR)
DVD Drive: LiteOn 24x Internal SATA DVD RW Drive
Any Ideas what the problem is?

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
What kind od temps are you getting CPU/GPU wise? My initial thought is its overheating related though could also be a faulty PSU or motherboard.

Looking at the spec it doesn't look like a PCS build, would it be possible to contact the retailer that sold you the machine and arrange a repair?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The Kernel Power message in the event viewer is a symptom not a cause. It's just telling you that the PC powered off unexpectedly.

This is why we buy our customised PCs and laptops from PCS. :)

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Yeah if you built it yourself it could be tricky and involve a good deal of troubleshooting to find the cause.

Basically SOMETHING is not working in your build, you need to work out what it is by running without various components till you can narrow it down.

As ubuysa already pointed out, that's why we choose to buy custom made PC's rather than build our own because if something really messes up you can just hand it back and say "fix that". it would be well worth considering a custom built machine in the future if you want to avoid problems.

But on how to fix it, you need to remove variables, check temps and see if you can narrow down a hardware cause.