Key broken off

Hewhoist

Enthusiast
Hi,

I opened my laptop earlier to find my left shift key had came off. It clicked back on but is loose and raised. Anyone had any similar problems? and know what to do?

Hewhoist

Enthusiast
anyone at all? I'm worried it won't be replaceable and it seems a big hassle to return the laptop over one key?

Hewhoist

Enthusiast
I'd really rather not send it all the way back for something so small but it's the left shift key and it'll probably be one of the most used keys on the entire pad. I've emailed them but hoping someone else might have had this problem and had a solution

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'd really rather not send it all the way back for something so small but it's the left shift key and it'll probably be one of the most used keys on the entire pad. I've emailed them but hoping someone else might have had this problem and had a solution

Usually, they'll send out a new keyboard in the post for you to install (if you're happy to), it's fairly straightforward. As to weather or not they'll charge, a friend of mine has been through 3 on his laptop twice they've replaced it free of charge.

Hewhoist

Enthusiast
Usually, they'll send out a new keyboard in the post for you to install (if you're happy to), it's fairly straightforward. As to weather or not they'll charge, a friend of mine has been through 3 on his laptop twice they've replaced it free of charge.

My wife bought me the laptop for my birthday so she's been the one getting in touch, she said she got a message today from them saying return the laptop and they'll replace the keyboard but it could take 5-7 but because I've only had it a week they'll do it as quickly as they can which is great. I however can change a keyboard so I've told her to get in touch and see if they'll just send out a replacement keyboard which I could change. I was however worried about the warranty on doing this? but as you've said if they've been ok for someone else to do it I can't see a reason why they wouldn't do the same here. Such a stupid little fault on such a great laptop

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My wife bought me the laptop for my birthday so she's been the one getting in touch, she said she got a message today from them saying return the laptop and they'll replace the keyboard but it could take 5-7 but because I've only had it a week they'll do it as quickly as they can which is great. I however can change a keyboard so I've told her to get in touch and see if they'll just send out a replacement keyboard which I could change. I was however worried about the warranty on doing this? but as you've said if they've been ok for someone else to do it I can't see a reason why they wouldn't do the same here. Such a stupid little fault on such a great laptop

Yeah, warranty would be fine so long as you don't break anything in the meantime.

Hewhoist

Enthusiast
Interesting, that's new.

yeah I'm really disappointed tbh I could change the keyboard easily. Don't get me wrong they've said they will change it and send it back as fast as humanly possible and otherwise I couldn't be happier but the timing is awful atm I can't be without a laptop for a week and don't have access to another except my wifes MacBook which is not going to happen as I find them exhausting to do the simplest of tasks.