Keyboard back light issue on Vortex 3

ThirtyQuidKid

Hello all.

I took delivery of my new Vortex 3 gaming laptop today but I have a small problem. The back light on the keypad part of the keyboard is stuck on green at full illumination. I have tried to change the colour abd turn it off using the control centre and the function hard keys on the numeric pad but it just stays on. I tried a reboot but they come on as green during boot as well.

Am I missing something simple or is there a hard reset for them?????

Thanks all,

micada329

Bronze Level Poster
I had to re install the hot key drivers from the disk supplied with the laptop, before I could get the backlight to operate correctly.

Also check the control centre is sized correctly so it shows the keyboard icon .

ThirtyQuidKid

Thanks for the reply. I have checked the control centre is correctly sized but I will try re-installing the hot key drivers later tonight. Would the drivers still create a problem during boot as well?

ThirtyQuidKid

OK, so I have installed the hotkey drivers a few times but I still get the same issue. I can turn the lights off during post and it is OK but then after a couple of minutes use they come on and I have the same issue again.

Anything else I can do???

micada329

Bronze Level Poster
I think this is going to need a call to PCS I am afraid.
Reinstalling the drivers worked for me ok .
Sorry.
Please post any advice they give you here , so we can all see it .
tc