keyboard backlight 15.6" Lafité® Pro

TanJud

Hi
I have a new Lafite 15.6 pro and when the laptop turns on the lights on the keyboard are there but then they switch off. I have searched the forum and tried suggestions and in the manual it says Fn F4 but this doesnt seem to work. I cant believe it is so difficult to switch on the backlight keyboard. Can anyone help?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi
I have a new Lafite 15.6 pro and when the laptop turns on the lights on the keyboard are there but then they switch off. I have searched the forum and tried suggestions and in the manual it says Fn F4 but this doesnt seem to work. I cant believe it is so difficult to switch on the backlight keyboard. Can anyone help?
Can you post your full specs from the order page?

TanJud

Lafité Pro Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD 60Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen(1920x1080)Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Quad Core Processor i7-1165G7 (2.8GHz, 4.7GHz Turbo)Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)Graphics CardIntegrated Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R,3300MB/W)Memory Card ReaderIntegrated Micro-SD Memory Card ReaderAC Adaptor1 x 65W AC AdaptorPower Cable1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power CableBatteryLafité Pro Series Integrated 73WH Lithium Ion BatterySound Card2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone JackBluetooth & WirelessGIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (2.4 Gbps) + BT 5.0USB/Thunderbolt Options1 x THUNDERBOLT 4 + 1 x USB 3.2 (TYPE C) + 1 x USB 3.2 + 1 x USB 2.0Keyboard LanguageLAFITÉ PRO 15 SERIES SINGLE COLOUR BACKLIT UK KEYBOARDOperating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Lafité Pro Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD 60Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen(1920x1080)Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Quad Core Processor i7-1165G7 (2.8GHz, 4.7GHz Turbo)Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)Graphics CardIntegrated Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R,3300MB/W)Memory Card ReaderIntegrated Micro-SD Memory Card ReaderAC Adaptor1 x 65W AC AdaptorPower Cable1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power CableBatteryLafité Pro Series Integrated 73WH Lithium Ion BatterySound Card2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone JackBluetooth & WirelessGIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (2.4 Gbps) + BT 5.0USB/Thunderbolt Options1 x THUNDERBOLT 4 + 1 x USB 3.2 (TYPE C) + 1 x USB 3.2 + 1 x USB 2.0Keyboard LanguageLAFITÉ PRO 15 SERIES SINGLE COLOUR BACKLIT UK KEYBOARDOperating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
You'll likely need to install control center.

The clevo model number of the chassis is Clevo NS50MU and you can find it on www.clevo.com.tw

TanJud

thanks - sorry for all the questions but am i going to the download a driver section? If so there isnt one called control center

Bhuna50

Author Level
OK this is looking like its quite a new download section on the Clevo website, therefore go into your PCS account and check your downloads section in there - they may have put the current version in there that they are using on these laptops.

It may even already be installed on your laptop - have you tried clicking start and typing 'gaming' to see if the Gaming Center shows or typing 'Control' to see if the Control Centre shows - has been known to be called either.

If its there open it up and look for where RGB keyboard is set.

What other Fn keys are there across the top of the Latife - can you take a picture and we can look at the icons printed on the F keys.

TanJud

there is game mode, but nothing relevent there that I can see. Control just brings up the control panel.

Attachments

• pic.JPG
    pic.JPG
    967.3 KB · Views: 123

Bhuna50

Author Level
Try pressing Fn key and these keys:

1619993812575.png

Looks like thats on / off / brightness up and down possibly.

TanJud

Have you looked in your downloads section of your PCS account:

View attachment 25772
yes - just the welcome pack and windows, no additional drivers. I have only had it a week so would expect drivers to be up to date. The keyboard can light up as it does it on start up. I have emailed tech support, thanks for trying appreciate your help

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
yes - just the welcome pack and windows, no additional drivers. I have only had it a week so would expect drivers to be up to date. The keyboard can light up as it does it on start up. I have emailed tech support, thanks for trying appreciate your help
You just need control center.

I'd also email clevo and ask them to update their drivers as well, as that's where any updates will be posted, not on PCS.