Vyper Keyboard backlight not working

LazBee

Just received my viper 17.3 which should have RGB keyboard lighting F6&7 seem to be the controls for this but nothing happens when pressed. Any help would be appreciated, looking forward to see what it can really do once I figure out the all the functions.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just received my viper 17.3 which should have RGB keyboard lighting F6&7 seem to be the controls for this but nothing happens when pressed. Any help would be appreciated, looking forward to see what it can really do once I figure out the all the functions.
Have you got Game Center or control center installed? Did you order with or without windows?

LazBee

Don't appear to have either installed currently, ordered with windows and have just gone through set up thank you

aralph1

Hi, I received the same laptop as Lazbee, and have exactly the same issue. I only have windows 10 installed, no games center or control center.
function + F6 or F7 don't do anything.
Do we need to download some software?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi, I received the same laptop as Lazbee, and have exactly the same issue. I only have windows 10 installed, no games center or control center.
function + F6 or F7 don't do anything.
Do we need to download some software?
If you go to tech support / downloads on the main PCS site, you’ll need to install it manually.

LazBee

Found it, it is currently rebooting although also had a bunch of windows updates to do so will let you know if successful once it configures. Thank you

aralph1

OK thanks, found it, and downloaded control centre. Everything works, including the fan!
It was so hot at first, I was worried it might melt the screen.

LazBee

Same but I had to Install a Nvidia driver and then the fan started working properly and the control center has sorted my keyboard, tha is spydertracks

Burgie1996

Hi, I am having a similar problem.

I bought a new laptop and upon start up the keyboard backlight was working. After windows had installed the keyboard back light went off. I have installed the ControlCenterU. I am able to use its other functions (for example I can activate the fan if needed) but when I go onto the keyboard section nothing happens. I try to change the colour of the LED but nothing happens. There is no light at all

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi, I am having a similar problem.

I bought a new laptop and upon start up the keyboard backlight was working. After windows had installed the keyboard back light went off. I have installed the ControlCenterU. I am able to use its other functions (for example I can activate the fan if needed) but when I go onto the keyboard section nothing happens. I try to change the colour of the LED but nothing happens. There is no light at all
Which laptop did you buy?