Keyboard Choice

Brunomatost

Hi Guys,

I found myself not knowing what to choose, my budget is £300 but If i find the right keyboard for £50 than thats fine,
Im looking for a keyboard with RGB & that "palm/wristrest accross the bottom" & preferably but not only wireless or bluetooth.

These are the ones I liked and I cant seem to choose.

Would appreciate your thoughts/knowledge and ideas.

Thank you in advance

Rakk

The Awesome
I've got the K95 and like it (though I think its now starting to have some double-tapping issues), had it a good few years now though.
Though I musty admit I don't use its palm/wrist rest, I have a gel one (otherwise I get issues).
You would need to install iCue for it, but yeah I like it

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Anothe K70 user here, i don't use the wrist rest, I've always found them highly uncomfortable, and worked with PC's for about 40 years

Brunomatost

Options are very much slimmer when it comes to a Wireless RGB Keyboard with wrist support.

Something like the Corsair K57 fits your needs (not in stock in the link but just to show it)...not mechanical though:

I quite like this one to be honest :)
do you have it ? do you know if it will last, good quality etc ?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'd second the K70, great wrist rest

For that money though Ducky are undoubtedly the best keyboards on the market
I completely agree on ducky, but the place they were normally sourced in the UK was amazon or overclockers, and I went to look the other day and all stocks were run out!

Brunomatost

I completely agree on ducky, but the place they were normally sourced in the UK was amazon or overclockers, and I went to look the other day and all stocks were run out!
Im not a big fan of the ducky ones, just scrolled through 10 pages on overclockers and they all look like the ones on the £1 shop, so I think ducky is not for me

Brunomatost

I understand that but spending over £100 for something that looks like a very cheap & simple keyboard doesnt make sense (TO ME) I understand they might be the best of the best for me its a big pass :)

Brunomatost

Appearances can be very deceiving at times...as an example, my computer tower looks very cheap and simple but insides it's...umm...<sheepish laugh> okay, bad example there :rolleyes:

It's a difficult choice as, whilst some of the best mechanical keyboards look nothing special, it's under the surface where they excel....how the keys feel to press, stuff like that. But, you also have to look at it all the time (well, unless you are good at using a keyboard without looking).

I was considering your specific needs for a keyboard....needing the palmrest is significantly reducing the options available to you as most gaming/mechanical/decent keyboards don't have them. I am thinking whether buying a separate palmrest might be worth considering? Especially as keyboard palmrests aren't always comfortable whereas you can get standalone rests that are gel filled or whatever which are miles more comfortable. Something like this maybe (not saying this particular one or anything, just as an example):

Yes I do get that, trust me, I really do, but I am ermmm particular... lool
and Id prefer one of the options above to be honest, just cant decice which, but so far theres 3 votes for the K70 so will keep my eye on it and see :) thank you though

D

Deleted member 17413

I understand that but spending over £100 for something that looks like a very cheap & simple keyboard doesnt make sense (TO ME) I understand they might be the best of the best for me its a big pass :)

Or as i'd like to put it, I WANT SHINY DAMMIT!!

Which was the exact reason i went for the Strix 570X motherboard on my order, so I know how important these things are.
K70 MK.2 RGB (get to choose which keys you want too) has been an excellent shout for me, and also has a built in USB pass-through (which i have my fingerprint scanner plugged into)
The wrist rest is ok, but a gel one would be better...kinda depends on how well you set your desk up as to how useful the rest is (seat height, desk height etc).
iCue to play with all the RGB stuff, nice media controls built in... I really dont regret it one bit. Other than the cherry speed keys... i'm heavy handed so it can be a little noisey! (you can of course choose your own key type, have a peek on Amazon.)

BTW should point out that the K70 PCS sell is a different one, they dont stock the K70 MK II RGB one... and the prices range a bit depending on key type due to which are more common...

Brunomatost

Or as i'd like to put it, I WANT SHINY DAMMIT!!

Which was the exact reason i went for the Strix 570X motherboard on my order, so I know how important these things are.
K70 MK.2 RGB (get to choose which keys you want too) has been an excellent shout for me, and also has a built in USB pass-through (which i have my fingerprint scanner plugged into)
The wrist rest is ok, but a gel one would be better...kinda depends on how well you set your desk up as to how useful the rest is (seat height, desk height etc).
iCue to play with all the RGB stuff, nice media controls built in... I really dont regret it one bit. Other than the cherry speed keys... i'm heavy handed so it can be a little noisey! (you can of course choose your own key type, have a peek on Amazon.)
perfect, so those colours (blue/black/cherry) that it appears on amazon is the "alternative" keys that will come with the keyboard for what I take from what you said ?

Don Coyote

I am using the Logitech G915 keyboard which is wireless with pretty good battery life. Admittedly it doesn't have a keyboard rest but it is so low profile that I honestly don't feel the need for one despite using one on previous keyboards. Ties in extremely well with Logitech Pro Wireless mouse and G560 speakers.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes I do get that, trust me, I really do, but I am ermmm particular... lool
and Id prefer one of the options above to be honest, just cant decice which, but so far theres 3 votes for the K70 so will keep my eye on it and see :) thank you though
I’ve got the K70 V2 RGB, amazing keyboard, just doesn’t wear at all, bulletproof.