Keyboard Driver for Vortex III Elite

Torgan

Gold Level Poster
Morning Folks,

It's been a while since I asked a daft question so here goes......

I'm looking for the keyboard driver that is required for the Vortex III Elite backlit keyboard

I have checked on the Driver Disk provided by PCS and also checked on the Clevo Driver website but cannot see anything that is specifically labelled as Keyboard.

Is the Keyboard Driver contained within one of the other Driver files?

Any help greatly appreciated

Torgan.

kruppsy

Master
Its the Hotkey driver on the disc mate :)

I think its under the 'Others' section. Once installed if you hit Fn+Esc that should bring up the control panel where you can tweek all sorts. You can custom the backlighting to different colours for 3 separate areas, kept me amused for about an hour last night! :)

Last edited:

Torgan

Gold Level Poster
Cheers for that Kruppsy.

I tried the Hotkey Driver last night but it never sorted my issue. I'm beginning to think that it is purely a hardware issue as it is just normal keys that are causing me problems and not the FN shortcuts.

Sometimes, when I open a page that requires something to be typed (passwords and even the Start Menu search function) I am getting continuous streams of either single speech " 's or spaces.

It only happens occasionally, but is getting really annoying as it often happens on startup which means I cannot choose to boot using Windows instead of my Lights out Restore option as it just flashes between the two like it's possessed.

I do have a replacement keyboard coming from PCS this morning (not bad considering I only ordered it yesterday afternoon!) but thought if I reinstalled the Driver the problem might go away and I could keep the new one as a spare.

I have removed the existing keyboard myself and inspected it and cannot see any damage to the keys so that was what pointed me to a driver issue

kruppsy

Master
Sorry to hear you're lappy isn't firing on all cylinders, at least you've got a replacement coming, that should give you a definitive answer on the hardware/driver conundrum.

Good luck :)

Torgan

Gold Level Poster
Just fitted the replacement keyboard and all looks well, haven't seen any reoccurence of the snag I was having.

I do have to say a little niggle with the new one though is that the FN and Windows keys are in each others slots......

I have to press Windows/F1 to turn off the Touchpad now for example

Nothing major I suppose but after the previous problems I had with key damage I ain't removing them to put them back myself!! Think I can live with a "confused" laptop :confused:

Torgan

Gold Level Poster
Oh....and for all you Vortex III upgraders out there,

Once you lift out the keyboard, RAM Slots 3 and 4 are sitting right in front of you just begging for something to be put in