Keyboard marks on screen on 17.3` Valeon

KriSta

Silver Level Poster
Hello, so the good news is that it only took them about a week and a half to send the RMA back, the bad news is that and i quote "There is nothing much that can be done to stop it from happening again though" so i paid 2200£ for a laptop that in not even a month developed streaks on the screen from the keyboard and the keyboard paint washed off in the same period of time and the response from them is that they can't do anything about it.
This kind of what I expected from the get go , it is a design flaw and it cannot " be fixed " . My keyboard looks brand new , but that is because I use a external keyboard to it on my desk . Considering that the flaws of the chassi cannot be sorted and that there is no guarantee that PCS will take a used machine back for a full refund , a private sale seems to be the only option to recoup some of the value of the laptop . A bit disappointing for such an otherwise decent laptop .

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
and that there is no guarantee that PCS will take a used machine back for a full refund
Speaking personally I would take the line with PCS that the laptop is not fit for purpose. I don't believe that it's acceptable to have a laptop where the keyboard 'damages' the screen. PCS have had an opportunity to rectify the problem and have apparently stated in writing that it's no possible top fix this issue in the long-term. For me that's enough grounds for a full refund.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Speaking personally I would take the line with PCS that the laptop is not fit for purpose. I don't believe that it's acceptable to have a laptop where the keyboard 'damages' the screen. PCS have had an opportunity to rectify the problem and have apparently stated in writing that it's no possible top fix this issue in the long-term. For me that's enough grounds for a full refund.
I would agree personally.

KevGed

Hello, so the good news is that it only took them about a week and a half to send the RMA back, the bad news is that and i quote "There is nothing much that can be done to stop it from happening again though" so i paid 2200£ for a laptop that in not even a month developed streaks on the screen from the keyboard and the keyboard paint washed off in the same period of time and the response from them is that they can't do anything about it.
Thats pretty bad, no point me sending mine back then. Mines doesn't seem too bad as its just dirt from the keys transferring to my screen so ill carry on using it as I have the extended warranty if anything should break/get worse. If you go for refund let me know how it goes please as I may consider that option also. The problem is I really like the machine and it performs brilliantly but they don't have any others id buy as a replacement with the ryzen/3080 combo should i refund it. Decisions haha

KevGed

Actually Ive just emailed them stating the laptop is not fit for purpose and is effectively faulty and asked for a refund/exchange to a different model. Will update when I get response

KevGed

Just had an email back today regarding a full refund and they have said as one month has passed since delivery they won’t refund it

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Just had an email back today regarding a full refund and they have said as one month has passed since delivery they won’t refund it
That one month is the "no fault" return and refund.

I would make the case that it's not fit for purpose because the keyboard damages the screen. PCS have already accepted that its not fit for purpose by stating that "it [the screen damage from the keyboard] will happen again".

They have sold you a laptop with an intrinsic defect that they admit cannot be corrected. You might want to seek advice from Citizen's Advice or Trading Standards.

KriSta

Silver Level Poster

Kind of what I had expected , hence not sending it in. I`m not dragging PCS to court just for a laptop ... it is pointless . Now it is clear as day that the best solution is to actually sell it and be done with the issue and PCS . I`ve had many laptops over the years, but none have had issues that cannot be sorted due to design fault . I have to admit that I am disappointed at PCS and to extent TongFang .

I had expected higher quality and better QC for +2500€ laptop . I will be selling mine in the coming weeks back home in Sweden as I have swedish layout on keyboard , and buy a different brand , without design faults and better QC .

Last edited:

trickyrickyg83

I also have the Valeon so this post had me intrigued as I also noticed that the laptop is no longer available on PCS website.
I can confirm that my unit doesn't have the issue with the keyboard pressing on the screen as some customers are reporting.
I placed a piece of sticky paper face up then closed the screen to see if the paper lifted when opened,but it stayed put,so looks like no contact is made on my unit.
Unable to comment on the keys wearing though as I mainly use controller for gaming.
Laptop is otherwise superb.

barlew

Godlike
As Ubuysa stated earlier take the stance with PCS that the laptop is not fit for purpose as defined by the consumer rights act and if they cannot fix it to your satisfaction then you want a full refund which is your right.