Keyboard & Mouse recommendations

VirtualDevil

Silver Level Poster
Hi All,

With Christmas coming up, and being the kind of person that normally just buys what I want at the time; I'm trying to give my partner some Christmas ideas and just realised I'm in the market for a decent KBM.

Anyone have any recommendations? ideally a full size keyboard as I've never, and probably will never, use a "60%" keyboard.

If some are compatible with iCue as well that wouldn't go a miss.

In terms of budget, I'd say 200 would be max and 100-150 ideal. Bundles or separate welcomed.

Thank you all <3

(apologies if posted in the wrong area 👀)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's a good time to buy atm, some good deals on, I'm going to recommend some non corsair options:

Razer Huntsman Elite with Optical mechanical switches @ £125: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Razer-Hunt...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Logitech G815 @ £140: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=gaming+keyboard&s=price-desc-rank&page=19&qid=1636649772&ref=sr_pg_19

For Mice:

Razer Deathadder V2 @ £40: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Razer-Deat...5?keywords=gaming+mouse&qid=1636649977&sr=8-5

XTRFY M4 in loads of different colour options @ £45: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xtrfy-M4-R...ds=xtrfy+m4&qid=1636650280&s=computers&sr=1-5

VirtualDevil

Silver Level Poster
Thanks both.

I am a fan of Razer so some nice recommendations there. Though the mouse linked by Martin for me looks more aesthetically pleasing.
Then I'm stuck with wanting to go same brand or mix and matching OH THE PROBLEMS 😭

Will also get a look at those videos & more this evening, thank you!

JediMonsoon

Gold Level Poster

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I have this one

Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Low Profile Rapidfire Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Cherry MX Speed Switches: Linear and Rapid, Per Key Multi-Colour RGB Backlighting, Aluminium Chassis, QWERTY UK Layout) - Black https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07J6...abc_Z18932PAKJZ3KV55M98J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I like this one a lot, the low profile switches really appeal to me

I've a K70 and a K65, love them both. Although I wish I had of known low profile keys was a thing when I got mine

DarTon

In terms of a wireless keyboard and mouse, what are the recommendations? I need a keyboard with numeric keypad. Ideally the mouse would be ambidextrous (since I'm left handed) but I still use the mouse in the right hand 90%+ of the time so a RH mouse may be tolerable.

The only wireless keyboards that seem to get recommended are the Razer BlackWidow V3 Pro and Logitech G915 Lightspeed. Preferred mice seem to be the Razer DeathAdder V2 Pro, Razer Viper Ultimate, Logitech G Pro, Logitech G903 and Corsair Katar Pro. Just feels it's all Razer, Logitech really. I'm sort of wondering if something like the Cherry DW9100 might be just as good, despite not being a "gaming" keyboard or mouse. I don't care about RGB.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
In terms of a wireless keyboard and mouse, what are the recommendations? I need a keyboard with numeric keypad. Ideally the mouse would be ambidextrous (since I'm left handed) but I still use the mouse in the right hand 90%+ of the time so a RH mouse may be tolerable.

The only wireless keyboards that seem to get recommended are the Razer BlackWidow V3 Pro and Logitech G915 Lightspeed. Preferred mice seem to be the Razer DeathAdder V2 Pro, Razer Viper Ultimate, Logitech G Pro, Logitech G903 and Corsair Katar Pro. Just feels it's all Razer, Logitech really. I'm sort of wondering if something like the Cherry DW9100 might be just as good, despite not being a "gaming" keyboard or mouse. I don't care about RGB.
I personally wouldn't recommend scissor switches on a keyboard anymore after having experienced mechanicals I could never go back. Cherry are great, but I'm not sure that set would hold up to extended gaming sessions. I have absolutely no idea what their Mice are like so can't comment on that. Cherry make really high end products though, so as a scissor switch it will be about the best quality you can get. But that's why it's so cheap. You may also find the responsiveness isn't up to the 0.1ms of some of the high end gaming sets.

There are some really compelling more niche products in this space which may be worth investigating, not sure if you've heard of Hardware Canucks on YouTube, but Dimitri from there is an actual pro player, and I've always found his keyboard and mice videos superb and really thorough.

Two from his recommendations which may not be so well known are

OBINSLAB ANNE PRO 2: Be aware this is a bluetooth keyboard and 60%

Redragon K596 Vishnu: TKL

Keychron K2: 75% bluetooth

Personally I'd be wary of bluetooth connected keyboards, both for battery life and latency. But it totally depends what you're expectations are.

Mice, there's loads of good options.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
@SpyderTracks. That's really useful. I just want some options other than Razer and Logi. Nothing wrong with them at all but all the review sites seem to covering the same few keyboard and mice.
Yeah, I did a search last night and found exactly the same.

Wireless keyboards despite now being very viable due to the improvements in wireless tech just don't seem t have taken off yet. Almost all the ones I found were TKL or 60% keyboards as well, really odd.

VirtualDevil

Silver Level Poster
Merry Christmas all & thanks for the recommendations.

Mrs Santa pulled through with the requested matching Corsair set and a cheeky chilli oil thrown in for good measure!

Though I'm not allowed to put any chilli oil on our turkey so here's to a few Peroni's while I make good in the kitchen for most of the day!

1640425808103.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Merry Christmas all & thanks for the recommendations.

Mrs Santa pulled through with the requested matching Corsair set and a cheeky chilli oil thrown in for good measure!

Though I'm not allowed to put any chilli oil on our turkey so here's to a few Peroni's while I make good in the kitchen for most of the day!

View attachment 31380
Adding the chilli oil to the keyboard and mouse would add a new dimension to fragging!