Keyboard purchase advice:

MikeD

Having issues with a very old mechanical keyboard that has now seen better days, I am looking to purchase a replacement, I am not a gamer, but use my keyboard extensively for word processing as well as database and spreadsheet inputting. I prefer to have a wired keyboard, but am looking for a quieter work experience after years of using my mechanical keyboard and am hoping that I can be pointed in the right direction as to what would be a good option for me, as having googled wired keyboards and looked at Amazon, my head is spinning. Any suggestions would be gratefully received from any forum member who can offer me the wisdom of their own keyboard experience.
Regards, Mike

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Having issues with a very old mechanical keyboard that has now seen better days, I am looking to purchase a replacement, I am not a gamer, but use my keyboard extensively for word processing as well as database and spreadsheet inputting. I prefer to have a wired keyboard, but am looking for a quieter work experience after years of using my mechanical keyboard and am hoping that I can be pointed in the right direction as to what would be a good option for me, as having googled wired keyboards and looked at Amazon, my head is spinning. Any suggestions would be gratefully received from any forum member who can offer me the wisdom of their own keyboard experience.
Regards, Mike
Hiya Mike, what's your budget for this?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Do you want to keep the same style as you have, i.e. full height or thin?

'Normal'
listing-3-800x427.jpg

'Thin'
71QL0GYeZ3S._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

MikeD

Hi Tony
I prefer normal, and regards budget, although I do not want to pay an arm and a leg, but am happy to pay a reasonable price for a good reliable keyboard, one item I would like but it is not a deal breaker is a USB port built into the keyboard, look forward to your recommendations, kind regards
Mike

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Looks like the prices have shot up since I bought mine...

If you're looking at a full-size, mechanical, metal-bodied wired keyboard, then about the cheapest I can suggest is the Razer Cynosa at £60. It's an RGB gaming keyboard, but you can turn the lighting off completely, or just give the keyboard a slight under-key glow. No USB-passthrough that I can see though.

Next up you're probably into the £100 range with another RGB keyboard with the Corsair K60 MV (with silent keys). This has a USB port.

At the £150+range you've the higher range Corsairs (but you'd be paying for functions you may never use), so I'd probably recommend the Logitech MX Mechanical instead - with the 'Tactile Quite' key option.

MikeD

Sorry Spyder Tracks
Same response applies as to my reply to Tony, thanks for your reply, kind regards, Mike

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Looks like the prices have shot up since I bought mine...

If you're looking at a full-size, mechanical, metal-bodied wired keyboard, then about the cheapest I can suggest is the Razer Cynosa at £60. It's an RGB gaming keyboard, but you can turn the lighting off completely, or just give the keyboard a slight under-key glow. No USB-passthrough that I can see though.

Next up you're probably into the £100 range with another RGB keyboard with the Corsair K60 MV (with silent keys). This has a USB port.

At the £150+range you've the higher range Corsairs (but you'd be paying for functions you may never use), so I'd probably recommend the Logitech MX Mechanical instead - with the 'Tactile Quite' key option.
If you're going to spend £150 then buy Ducky, nothing else comes close

I got a Corsair K70 on Ebay for £80 a couple of years back back which is an excellent keyboard, not sure what current market price is to be fair but Ducky's price haven't changed in a decade and they sit around £150-£200 and they are second to none