Keyboard suggestions

ojmck22

Bronze Level Poster
Im going to be in the market for a new keyboard soon. I currently have the Corsair K55. I would like to stick with Corsair so I was thinking about getting the K95, although I would like a wireless keyboard (not important but it'd be nice to have) and for it to be mechanical. I am open to other brands but not Razer or Logitech. Any suggestions appreciated!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
There's also the SteelSeries Apex 7, but again, it's expensive but crazy good:

The Apex Pro is also very good indeed.

The Apex 7 is mechanical

The Apex Pro is the new omnipoint technology.

Last edited:

loso64

i can highly recommend the last keyboard i bought and am using. Logitech G815 or if you want wireless G915. It comes in 3 variants based on how clicky you want it to be. So make sure to research that first tho

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Wow that looks fantastic

ojmck22

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks guys :) Ill have a look at the suggested ones. The budget is about 170 - 220 pound or €250

ojmck22

Bronze Level Poster

The Apex 7 is mechanical

Wow that Apex 7 looks incredible. Its the winning choice so far, I have a week to research anyway so no great rush

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just for some info on omnipoint keys on the Apex pro, it's a brand new (maybe a year old now) technology where you get the same feel as a mechanical key, but the actuation is controlled by magnets.

You can adjust the actuation distance on the fly. It's really clever.

Again, reviews are pretty unanimous:

And a bit of info on the actual omnipoint keys:

ojmck22

Bronze Level Poster
Just for some info on omnipoint keys on the Apex pro, it's a brand new (maybe a year old now) technology where you get the same feel as a mechanical key, but the actuation is controlled by magnets.

You can adjust the actuation distance on the fly. It's really clever.

Again, reviews are pretty unanimous:

And a bit of info on the actual omnipoint keys:

Thank you!

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The Corsair K70 is a favorite around here, I can personally recommend it. Guess it depends on how much you want to spend?

Ducky is without a doubt the undisputed king of keyboards but they are very pricey
I have the K70 MK2 Rapidfire and I love it. Bought it for 25 euro brand new 😂

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Corsair K65 owner here, it’s a belter and I’m very happy with it. But I’ll probably opt for a Ducky when the time comes for me to get another.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
You'd be losing iCUE integration and all those fancy RGB effects that sync :(
Considering how much Corsair stuff I own, it’d probably be an emotionally healthy move to buy at least one peripheral from a different manufacturer, I’ve already been cheekily referred to as AgentCable due to my love of tidy wires, becoming known as AgentCorsair is a very real possibility.

And the only iCue feature I use with my keyboard is for monitoring temperatures. I could easily assign that to one of the other million Corsair devices without issue 🙂👍

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Considering how much Corsair stuff I own, it’d probably be an emotionally healthy move to buy at least one peripheral from a different manufacturer, I’ve already been cheekily referred to as AgentCable due to my love of tidy wires, becoming known as AgentCorsair is a very real possibility.

And the only iCue feature I use with my keyboard is for monitoring temperatures. I could easily assign that to one of the other million Corsair devices without issue 🙂👍
AgentCorsair it is 😂

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
AgentCorsair it is 😂
67A95D38-1FDA-4AF7-A89B-C8AFC1087115.jpeg

ojmck22

Bronze Level Poster

The Apex 7 is mechanical

1620398939958.png
Thanks for your suggestions :)