Killer N1525 keeps dropping connections

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
Hi,

I just received my Defiance 15.6" laptop from PCS yesturday and the network card (Killer N 1525) keeps dropping connections.
I can't get a stable connection for more than 5 seconds without it dropping off.
When I open up the WIFI Manager in the Killer networking software it shows the wifi connections for about 5 seconds, and then they dissapear for 10 seconds, rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat...
I've tried re-installing the drivers and nothing changed. I'm running windows 8.1 64 bit.
Does anyone know what could be causing this? I hope it's not a hardware issue.

Thanks,
Kevin.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I used the latest ones from the Killer website.

I've seen a few references to uninstalling the killer suite and just leave the driver installed. May be worth giving a go, let windows manage the connections.

If that doesn't improve things, it may be worth opening the laptop and checking the antenna's are securely attached.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I've seen a few references to uninstalling the killer suite and just leave the driver installed. May be worth giving a go, let windows manage the connections.

If that doesn't improve things, it may be worth opening the laptop and checking the antenna's are securely attached.

I don;t know anything about Killer cards but if they come with their own connection suite I'd absolutely support SpyderTracks's suggestion. I have lost count of the number of wifi issues I've seen caused by third party connection tools. Let Windows manage the connection, it's actually very good at that.

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
Thanks. I quit out of the Killer software and it worked slightly better, but I'm still losing connection, and it's a very very poor signal.
I am quite far away from the router due to my current living situation, but my connection to it is much better on my dell ultrabook, which uses some intel wireless card.
It's just annoying that I paid for the most expensive wireless card, and it's working sub par.
I guess my next step is to open up the laptop and see if the antennas are set up correctly? I don't have the right screwdriver for it though. -_-
Frustrating... Let me know if you have any other suggestions. Thanks.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
If you're getting a poor signal that's the cause of your dropouts. It may be a faulty card, give PCS a call and ask to swap the card.