LAFITÉ® PRO monitor confusion

simcoo

Hi!
I'm considering a 15.6" LAFITÉ® PRO. It has a 1920 x 1080 screen but I'd like to drive an external monitor from it. I've got a Full HD external monitor at present so assume that will work fine, but want to replace this with a better monitor one day instead of adding a second Full HD monitor. It's really just for office work, browsing, email etc. Not for gaming.

I can't work out what display resolutions the Integrated Intel Iris Xe supports. And I can't work out whether a 4K monitor would be best for my purposes. And whether the LAFITÉ® PRO actually supports a 4K monitor. (The PCS "Statistics" say that "4K Gaming" isn't supported, but what does that mean?)

I'd appreciate a steer here! Thanks.

1611079906749.png

simcoo

Given the lack of response I'm wondering if I've asked a stupid question. Am I crazy wanting to drive a 4k monitor from a 15.6" LAFITÉ® PRO? Do I need to go for a gaming laptop for this?

FerrariVie

Super Star
We would need more details about your full build before having the 100% correct answer, but assuming that you're going to chose the i5 (worst case scenario), then those would be the max resolutions:

Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.20 GHz) Product Specifications

1611322550252.png

So your answer is yes... based on that info from Intel, I believe it will support 4K using any port (HDMI or DP) and up to 8K with DP. But I suggest you contact PCS, just to make sure.

simcoo

So, just for the record, I eventually got through on the PCS chat and asked,
"Can you please let me know the max display resolution provided on the Thunderbolt output of the Lafité Pro Series with an Intel® Core™ i7 Quad Core Processor i7-1165G7 (2.8GHz, 4.7GHz Turbo)?"

I got the following answer:
max display resolution would be around 8K 🙂

simcoo

I received another response via email today - took 3 weeks, but it was the most helpful response:
On this laptop, it is Thunderbolt 4, which is capable of running the below resolutions.

1x 4K @ 120 Hz
2x 4K @ 60 Hz
1x 5K @ 60Hz
1x 8K @ 60Hz