Lafite III bad ram?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
As above, give PCS a call (it's faster than email). They may well want to see your Memtest results, that was good thinking. :)

This shouldn't happen of course but stuff breaks and it generally breaks at the most inappropriate times too! As the poster above says, if you have a competent friend who can swap RAM sticks for you that will save sending it back and being without it for a while.

benodo

I would suggest you call or add to your original message to PCS. I found PCS very helpful, because they have technical people dealing with these queries, and they understand the problem.

I don't think you should worry about being 'spammy' --- PCS need all the facts to evaluate the situation. Also, it's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil (but I didn't need to squeak).

If you are not comfortable opening up laptop (probably need some small screwdrivers...), then maybe you know someone who can help? Else, it may be the case that you need to return the unit to PCS?

The Lafite is my second laptop from PCS, and even after this experience I'll still recommend them and most likely buy from them again.

MichaelJones, thank you. I appreciate your reply. I've followed your advice and added a message with updated information.

As above, give PCS a call (it's faster than email). They may well want to see your Memtest results, that was good thinking. :)

This shouldn't happen of course but stuff breaks and it generally breaks at the most inappropriate times too! As the poster above says, if you have a competent friend who can swap RAM sticks for you that will save sending it back and being without it for a while.

Ubuysa, thank you for your reply as well. I will probably call them today or tomorrow when I find the time.

Cheers!