Lafite Issues booting

snath

Hi all,

Have a lafite which I bought new a few years ago. Initially, I started observing slowness when booting up - it's getting stuck at "American Megatrends" screen. The issue has gotten worse over time and now as I type this post, the laptop has been sitting for at least 30 mins with no progress. I can hear the fan switching on and then off, but that's it. I don't have any peripherals attached, only a usb dongle for the wireless mouse.

Any suggestions for the short term (getting it booted this time) and the long term (figuring out why this is happening)?

Thank you,
Snath

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all,

Have a lafite which I bought new a few years ago. Initially, I started observing slowness when booting up - it's getting stuck at "American Megatrends" screen. The issue has gotten worse over time and now as I type this post, the laptop has been sitting for at least 30 mins with no progress. I can hear the fan switching on and then off, but that's it. I don't have any peripherals attached, only a usb dongle for the wireless mouse.

Any suggestions for the short term (getting it booted this time) and the long term (figuring out why this is happening)?

Thank you,
Snath

What are your full specs?

snath

PFA

Attachments

• specs.jpeg
    specs.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 124

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Ok. Is it the same on battery as on mains power? Can you remove the battery and just use mains power to see whether that helps?

Sent using Tapatalk

snath

Ok. Is it the same on battery as on mains power? Can you remove the battery and just use mains power to see whether that helps?

Sent using Tapatalk
Hi, just unscrewed the laptop. I can see the battery, but it has 2-3 connections to the motherboard, so i am a bit nervous about proceeding further. Is there any helpful videos to help me isolate the batteries?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hi, just unscrewed the laptop. I can see the battery, but it has 2-3 connections to the motherboard, so i am a bit nervous about proceeding further. Is there any helpful videos to help me isolate the batteries?
Ah. I was trying to remove the battery to see whether it had started to fail and was causing your issues but if it's permanently attached I wouldn't advise messing with it. Whilst you have it open it's worth replacing the CMOS battery, they're usually CR2032 button batteries and they don't last forever. They don't usually stop the boot process when they do fail however.

I think your best option now is to phone PCS and seek their advice and help.