Lag spikes on new pc

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
i get virgin media on the 5th, hopefully that will make a difference
In that case I'd suspend worrying about these lag issues until after then.

One thing worth doing though is to cable connect to your router and run the speed tests again.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Sky, and i am not sure

I don't want to be rude but all of these "don't know" or "no" answers aren't going to help us to help you.

You need to be able to test on a cable so that your wireless infrastructure can be ruled out - all sorts of things can cause slowing down - overlapping/congested channels (neighbours on the close/same ones), interference, bad drivers, poor wifi router/even incompatibility between router and card, etc etc.

You need to try and find the information about what your connection -should- be.

JoshKing2105

I don't want to be rude but all of these "don't know" or "no" answers aren't going to help us to help you.

You need to be able to test on a cable so that your wireless infrastructure can be ruled out - all sorts of things can cause slowing down - overlapping/congested channels (neighbours on the close/same ones), interference, bad drivers, poor wifi router/even incompatibility between router and card, etc etc.

You need to try and find the information about what your connection -should- be.
thanks for the reply but im only 15 and my parents deal with that stuff, ive moved my pc downstairs and play with it on wired connection and that has solved the problem

JoshKing2105

1596191159811.png

This is a re-test of my PC being connected with Ethernet

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
thanks for the reply but im only 15 and my parents deal with that stuff, ive moved my pc downstairs and play with it on wired connection and that has solved the problem

I understand but the analogy I always is is that you wouldn't take a car to a garage and say "It's broken. Fix it please". And in this case it's worse - it's like phoning them and saying it but then adding that you don't even know what make and model it is.

View attachment 17616

So that clearly shows an issue with the wireless. It could be distance related. How do other devices perform on wifi in your room?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
View attachment 17616
Now that's more like it. As has been said there seems to be a wireless issue. Go to the wireless card vendors website and download the right driver for your card and OS.

Then uninstall the wireless card and reboot. Then install the downloaded driver. If that doesn't help I would suspect a faulty wireless card.

JoshKing2105

Now that's more like it. As has been said there seems to be a wireless issue. Go to the wireless card vendors website and download the right driver for your card and OS.

Then uninstall the wireless card and reboot. Then install the downloaded driver. If that doesn't help I would suspect a faulty wireless card.
thanks for the help

JoshKing2105

1596450834686.png

This is what it says when i try to download the latest driver, any suggestions ?