Lag when playing games.

sieghert

Hi guys,can anyone help me with this issue?I'm having some problems regarding with graphic card,asus gtx970 strix.(I had just changed a new one as before that I'm also having the same issues and the shop owner change the new one for me).I am having lagging issue with all the games(eg watch dogs,ryse, dead rising 3,evolve and etc).But the problem is sometimes when I try to restart my computer(while my computer is already on state),it runs smooth and sometimes when I on my computer it is so lag.Any ideas?
My pc specs:
Intel i7 4790k
Kingston 8gb ram DDR3
GTX970 Asus STRIX OC edition
Asus Socket 1150 Z97A motherboard
3TB seagate Sata 7200
1TB WD Sata 7200
700W PSU

The first video is the smooth while the second one is lagging.

[video=youtube;rGrD4S4LVW4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGrD4S4LVW4[/video]
[video=youtube;eCSdl_sfsS8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCSdl_sfsS8[/video]

Kindly appreciate for your guys help.

PS:both of the videos are using the same graphic settings.

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
What settings are you running on? Watchdogs uses a huge amount of VRAM so maybe try turn down some settings in that area.

And I would test with some other games that are known to be more stable, since watchdogs is a bad example.

sieghert

What settings are you running on? Watchdogs uses a huge amount of VRAM so maybe try turn down some settings in that area.

And I would test with some other games that are known to be more stable, since watchdogs is a bad example.

I'm running all ultra settings,temporal SMAA,vsnyc on.But what I don't really understand is when my computer undergoes many attempt of restart,(maybe i'm thinking that my GPU is cool down?),it will runs smooth only(no guarantee of success,it depends on luck). Both the videos that I had shown has the exact same settings.I had tried Dead rising 3 as well still it is very lag even though it is suppose to be smooth.Any game that you can recommend me for good example?I will try for it and see the results.

And I had tested evolve game as well,my brother had bought a desktop too and he was using R9 270X graphic card(his desktop has much more lower spec than me),when he plays evolve it is smooth and no lag issue,but compare with mine GTX970 is not smooth,but the thing is solve when I tried to restart my computer again and if luckily one attempt of restart will solve my issues.

The main concern is why there were times when I can run the game without any lagging issues(as the first video)? Both the videos were taken the same day and the smooth one was when I attempt to restart some times then it showed me the positive result.

[video=youtube;jFj3Hn7jQSA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFj3Hn7jQSA&feature=youtu.be[/video]
[video=youtube;fAQFF534V7M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAQFF534V7M&feature=youtu.be[/video]

The two videos were just being taken few minutes ago(after some attempt by restarting my computer) and since it is my first time using shadowplay,when I was playing the game,it is fully smooth(choose for 720p or 1080p 60FPS).I should show the fps as well but as I said,this was my first time using shadowplay so I don't know where to show the fps.

Thank you.

Last edited:

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
Dead rising is also a bad port and lags for many people. I would use something like metro last light if you have it, since it's quite demanding and not buggy

sieghert

Dead rising is also a bad port and lags for many people. I would use something like metro last light if you have it, since it's quite demanding and not buggy

Ok,will try to upload the metro last light video after few hours as I am about going to study first.Thanks.

sieghert

[video=youtube;AFysDZwXFQk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFysDZwXFQk&feature=youtu.be[/video]
I have tested metro last light as well,but no luck even I set it all to lowest setting I still gets laggy.Why is it like that?I don't know why sometimes I can play the game so smooth such as the video link I provided (watch dogs and dead rising). Please help me solve the problem asap as I used up lots of money on the graphic card. T^T.

And I believe that it has nothing to do with my computer din't recognize the graphic card as I can see that it is connected to my computer properly right?
sadasdaszxczxc.png

Last edited:

sieghert

This is very important that one thing that I can make sure by observing is when I first on my computer,it will sure laggy when playing games. But after I use the computer for quite a while(watching movies or surfing net will do)(maybe need to make the GPU become more hotter and warmer),then I attempt to restart my computer again and all the game I can play smoothly(even enabling vsync also have no problem). So why I need to on the computer and run it quite a while and then restart to be able to play game smoothly?Is there something wrong with my graphic card?or my desktop itself has something problem?Have anyone of you face this or heard this problem before about warming up the graphic card and then restart then can play smooth game.

My computer is inside my room and I use air cond during night. But is that possible for a electronic to be inactive when it is cold?

Thanks.

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
Have you used something like CPUID HWmonitor to monitor temperatures? Keep it open whilest gaming for a few hours and save the results.

sieghert

So which one should I save?the text file or only the screenshot pictures for the graphic card result part?

Last edited:

Androcles

Rising Star
Hmn, I'm not sure what you are worried about, I don't see any lag at all in any of those videos, maybe it's the video not catching the moment for me. or I'm used to playing less smooth games, but I don't see anything wrong with those videos.

mrducking

Bright Spark
I'm gonna throw my chip here: have you by any chance monitored your RAM? with 8GB you shouldnt be having problems but it could happen, especially with some AV
It could also be a driver problem or a temperature problem, as georgehiller says

sieghert

I'm gonna throw my chip here: have you by any chance monitored your RAM? with 8GB you shouldnt be having problems but it could happen, especially with some AV
It could also be a driver problem or a temperature problem, as georgehiller says

Well,I think I have found the problem and solved it probably. The problem is actually come from here.(The part where I highlighted).Who will ever know that the problem can be because of the default setting(Normal) that makes my game all running laggy.But when I change to Optimal setting,I can play the game so smooth(Without restarting my computer). But I am concerned that when I set the settings to optimal so that my problem will be only solved(my question is whether this is the main cause or there are other causes as well),will it cause more burden and pressure to my GPU and CPU or it is normal to set to the optimal setting.(since I said I need to warm up with my GPU for a while and then restart before I can run smooth games when it is at (normal) default settings).

And one more question is this EZ tuning wizard will overwrite my control panel power setting as well?Because I have checked in control panel it is High performance power management.

dddddd.png
zcx.png

Last edited: