Laptop died within warrenty, being ignored now.

MrChrisLive

I bought a laptop from PC Specalist. Within the year and within warranty the GPU suddenly stopped working. I called support and was told "this can just happen", but they had some tests for me to run. I started an email thread with them and they give me the tests, one of these included trying the laptops display ports. During the time of testing, the warranty expired. All of the tests failed and I was told to arrange a return, and when I went to do so I was told I would have to pay for the return and pay for the laptop to be repaired, even though it was still in warranty.

The laptop failed within warranty, and it was reported within warranty.

I told them that the warranty should be honoured as the support ticket was opened within the warranty. They did not respond to this email and I have now heard from them since. I have also tried posting on their social media pages asking them to contact me and I have not received a reply either.

Under the consumer rights act I am entitled to at the least a partial refund, but as my ticket was under warranty I should be entitled to a repair, I do not want to escalate this with small claims, so if anyone could please advise me on what to do next, it would be greatly appreciated.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I bought a laptop from PC Specalist. Within the year and within warranty the GPU suddenly stopped working. I called support and was told "this can just happen", but they had some tests for me to run. I started an email thread with them and they give me the tests, one of these included trying the laptops display ports. During the time of testing, the warranty expired. All of the tests failed and I was told to arrange a return, and when I went to do so I was told I would have to pay for the return and pay for the laptop to be repaired, even though it was still in warranty.

The laptop failed within warranty, and it was reported within warranty.

I told them that the warranty should be honoured as the support ticket was opened within the warranty. They did not respond to this email and I have now heard from them since. I have also tried posting on their social media pages asking them to contact me and I have not received a reply either.

Under the consumer rights act I am entitled to at the least a partial refund, but as my ticket was under warranty I should be entitled to a repair, I do not want to escalate this with small claims, so if anyone could please advise me on what to do next, it would be greatly appreciated.
Let's see if one of the admins can help @moosEh @JakAttack are you able to look into this for @MrChrisLive

DarkPaladin

Enthusiast
I'm genuinely curious how long the process was from the initial report from the time taken for them to suggest an RMA, and how soon after the warranty expired they suggested a return. Hopefully this gets sorted out for you though. I'd be furious if I were in your position

MrChrisLive

I'm genuinely curious how long the process was from the initial report from the time taken for them to suggest an RMA, and how soon after the warranty expired they suggested a return. Hopefully this gets sorted out for you though. I'd be furious if I were in your position
I had to order a cable to test the ports as I don't own any mini display cables and quick shipping isn't really a thing here. it was a bit slower than usual due to covid.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I had to order a cable to test the ports as I don't own any mini display cables and quick shipping isn't really a thing here. it was a bit slower than usual due to covid.
@JakAttack comes on fairly frequently so hopefully he'll see this the next time he's on and get your details to look into it further.

If you click on his name above and "start conversation" with your order number and name, I'm sure he'll look into it for you.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
@JakAttack comes on fairly frequently so hopefully he'll see this the next time he's on and get your details to look into it further.
1CF38DB0-5308-4142-A5DD-D0F535BD2983.gif

I'm here! I've sent you a DM MrChrisLive can you have a look for me?

A58B2046-2CB3-4A30-ABE1-F346ABB6D754.gif