Laptop Dock won't recognise my external monitor

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Dam. Appreciate all the help though!

The dock also has its own power input, however, using this does not resolve the problem. Also, it would be a bit strange for it work with my USB devices (which require power) but not the displays (which have their own power sources)
It's not the displays themselves it's powering, it has a graphics processor on board which converts the display signal which takes quite a bit of power

Whirly123

Bronze Level Poster
It's not the displays themselves it's powering, it has a graphics processor on board which converts the display signal which takes quite a bit of power
Oh I see! Will check with PCS then. If any other ideas come to mind though let me know. And cheers for the help!!

Whirly123

Bronze Level Poster
Different laptop (Ionico) had similar issue:

Thanks. Hmm, the wavlink recommended in that thread works for the OP. I bobbed it on my wishlist as an alternative try. 190 quid though, will be a while before I can afford that extra cost.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Daft question but when everything is plugged in as you want it, do the monitors show as an option to extend to in the display properties?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Not sure then unfortunately. With the dock I use we need to install the Display-Link driver but it appears there is nothing showing in your device manager as missing.

Whirly123

Bronze Level Poster
Not sure then unfortunately. With the dock I use we need to install the Display-Link driver but it appears there is nothing showing in your device manager as missing.
Yeah I downloaded the drivers just in case but no change.

Whirly123

Bronze Level Poster
Just one additional piece of information. I tried with a different monitor and it does "work" as in it connects and I see a picture, only it fashes on and off and you can hear the connection and disconnection sound go on and off.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just one additional piece of information. I tried with a different monitor and it does "work" as in it connects and I see a picture, only it fashes on and off and you can hear the connection and disconnection sound go on and off.
It's possible it's a faulty dock